MoneyPak issues

eharsin

Apparently these rarely get responded to, but I've bought 2 moneypaks from my local walmart and am yet to be verified for either of them. I bought one a week ago and decided to get my refund because I thought it was an issue on my part. I bought another one just today. I made a new paypal account with all the existing information as the old one. I don't have a debit or credit card or a bank account linked to paypal as I'm only 20 and haven't found the need for it yet. 

Anyway I decided to try again. I go to paypal and try to add the moneypak to my account again. I get the same problem. Moneypak can't verify my information from paypal. Then I go back into paypal and my account is suspended and needs more information. I gave my proof of ssn, address, and photo id. I still haven't received information on that and my account is still suspended and my moneypak is still not working. 

My question is how can I fix it? Is it because I'm not in the database as I haven't payed any taxes before? How does paypal need more information if I've purchased and sent money before from my previous account?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Most likely your issue is that you created a new PayPal Account (per your post).  Unfortunately one cannot delete a PayPal Account, only close it.   As you created a new account with same info as the previous account, the automated system security flagged your new account as it may appear to the system as suspicious activity.  Note, this has nothing to do with taxes, etc. but, more with account duplication.  At this point all you can do try to work with customer support to get your issue resolved.

PayPal accounts work best when you have a bank account, credit card and the names and addresses on both the bank account records and credit card records match.

Login to Me Too

eharsin

I didn't make 2 accounts. I closed my account and opened up a new one with the same information. Which has nothing to do with my moneypak. Thanks for the insight though.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I closed my account and opened up a new one with the same information.

That is two accounts total.  As previously stated, that's probably what has caused your issue and you will have work with customer support to get it resolved.  Correct, it's not the money pack, it's the duplication of accounts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.