Mobile: Add a Check - Scan Check not operational

ERSolutionScam
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Mobile for Android

Android phones

HTC EVO 4G and HTC EVO 4G LTE

I'm logged into my account on either phone.  I want to use the function to scan a check (photograph it with the phone's camera, front and back) and deposit it to PayPal.  I've done this before a few times a few months ago.

Under "Add a Check" the Scan Check button in blue has the type greyed out so I can't currently push that button.  This happens on both phones.

Checking the Mobile status page I don't see an outage reported.

Can anyone else please try and see if the Scan Now feature is activated on their Android Mobile device?  (Log into PayPal, click on your balance under account, in pop up menu, select "Add a Check" at the top and see if the Scan Now button on next screen takes you to your camera or if it just does nothing)  You can back out of this mode without making any changes to your account.  Please report your findings.  

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

LordDewi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm having the same problem.  I hadn't needed this feature in the new version of the App until now but when I tried it today I'm seeing the same problem, the Blue "Scan Check" button is not active.  I used this feature in a previous version of the app, sometime within the last year.  Then they changed the UI, which I'm not fond of, and not it's not working.  This was of course after spending time just to find that feature.

I have an HTC Droid Incredible 2 with Android 2.3.4. The PayPal app version is 4.1.0.0.

I've seen posts about problems like this from a year or more ago, but didn't think them relevant to this version.  They suggested restarting the phone, which I did and it didn't work.  They also suggested deleting the app, which I haven't tried.  Although most of the people who did that didn't have any luck.

Other posts mentioned that there were errors saying that another application was tying up the Camera App and that's why it wasn't working.  I'm not getting that error but I can't say if another app isn't doing that to make the PayPal app keep that button inactive because the Camera app isn't available.

In checking the App version I noticed that the PayPal App was on my SD Card.  Since I've had other apps lose certain functionality by being on the SD Card I tried moving it back to the Phone.  There was no change, the Scan Check button is still inactive.

I then tried Force Stopping the app and clearing the Cache.  Still no difference.

I haven't tried clearing the Data yet.  Hoping to hear of more problems and have PayPal acknowledge a problem.

Login to Me Too

Gillian708
Contributor
Contributor
I switched our company's entire system to Paypal Pro, and today was the day I was going to look incredibly tech savvy, our first check on new system and I brought out my Samsung Galaxy S 2 to capture the image. The button was grayed out and after several restarts, it was clear our secretary would need to drive to the bank today. Please fix this, it's a required feature.
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Worked fine and then there was an update and hasn't worked since. "Scan Check" button is unavailable.

Login to Me Too

disavow
New Community Member

Would be nice if Paypal would give an update, im having the same issue as well.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Couple days ago I received this from PayPal:

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Jeremy and
I am happy to assist you with your question.

I am sorry to hear of the troubles. Both the PayPal and PayPal Here app
support the mobile check capture feature. Please try from the other app
if you are currently experiencing problems. I have documented your
feedback and once an update becomes available, please download it to
resolve your issue. Thank you for your patience and I hope you have a
great day!

Find additional help and connect with other PayPal members in the PayPal
Community Help Forum at www.paypal-community.com.

Sincerely,
Jeremy
PayPal Customer Solutions
PayPal, an eBay Company

Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Unfortunately PayPal Here will not install. Man this really **bleep**!
Login to Me Too

ERSolutionScam
Contributor
Contributor

My phone HTC EVO 4G LTE (not rooted) is running Jelly Bean 4.1.1 from Sprint/HTC.

I received an update to my Android PayPal app. 

I tried to "Add a Check" and got the same result.  The "Scan Check" button is greyed out.

To ALL:  If you read this thread, please take a moment to reply whether you haver experiencing the same thing.... noting which phone and which Android version you have.  

Login to Me Too

archstreet
New Community Member
I have the exact same problem- Samsung Nnote 2, jelly bean. This app has no value to me without this function.
Login to Me Too

pindesign
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem - HTC EVO 4G rooted with cyanogenmod 7. — Unable to find answers anywhere.

Login to Me Too

Kimariesings
Contributor
Contributor

That is quite an amazing statement from Jeremy, considering I have had this problem with the chech scanning feature since the app update at least 6 months ago! It is obvious the update destroyed this feature for MANY customers! I had reported it way back then, and was told "Sorry you are having problem since the update. We will have someone check into the issue" I guess it is not high on their "to-do" list.

Robot Sad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.