In-Store Payment Setup

kmazziotta
Contributor
Contributor

Home Depot offers PayPal as an option for making purchases.  The machine says I have to setup my "passcode" online before using PayPal at the stores checkout machine.  The input is my phone number and passcode.

Where on the website do I set this up?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

lcjg715
Contributor
Contributor

I can't find it, either, and I've made several attempts.  I was told I have to set it up through my cell phone provider; then I'm told I have to do it through PayPal.  When I click on the link Home Depot provided me in my email, it takes me to the webpage that says I have to set it up through PayPal.  Very confusing, difficult, and time-consuming.  I've accomplished nothing for my efforts.  I've emailed Home Depot again to try to get better instructions.  Shouldn't be that hard to do.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!

If you're looking to set up your account to checkout at Home Depot, here's how:

1.  Go to www.paypal.com/anywhere.

2.  Click on "get started."

You don't have to wait for the card to arrive in the mail; that's optional Smiley Happy I like both options, though, and I'm sure you will too!

Imporant to note - if you have a Business account, you'll need to downgrade to Premier or Personal first!  To downgrade, contact customer service.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

lcjg715
Contributor
Contributor

This does not work, despite multiple attempts all day long to get it to work.   I'm told I have to set up Pay Pay through Virgin Mobile by one of their representatives.  I have not been able to do that, either.  Again, just too much hassle and not enough instructions.  The representative said I do have SMS on my phone, but it has to be set up through VM first.  This is not indicated on PayPal's website or Home Depot's website.

Login to Me Too

kmazziotta
Contributor
Contributor

This does not work.  Says not available to everyone.  I guess that means it's not available specifically to me, although it has no problem taking my mobile number and confirming it BEFORE letting me know the service is not available.  How convenient for Paypal.

Login to Me Too

lcjg715
Contributor
Contributor

It won't even take my cell phone #.  I have tried everything, from approving thru PayPay, thru Virgin Mobile, and thru Home Depot.  Nothing works.  Obviously, they have not connected the links correctly.  Too much hassle.  I've tried all day to make this work.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

lcjg715 -

Check with Virgin Mobile and ensure you can accept all types (full service) of text messages; if you have auto-signature on for text messages, make sure those are turned off on your phone.  Our text messages may come from a 4- or 5-digit number, so if your carrier is blocking those, the SMS activation code may not come through.  We have seen some instances with carriers blocking SMS text messages for business phones, so that may be something to check with them as well. 

kmazziotta -

This service should be available to you as long as you're in the US and have a Personal or Premier account.  I'd say give it another go; if it still fails out, give customer service a call.  We have teams specifically trained in helping customers with this particular service.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.