Haven't received $30 credit from Ebay credit card offer --NEED ANSWERS

knight1024
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else had a problem getting the $30 credit from the Ebay Mastercard offer??

I signed up for the Ebay Mastercard back in December. The offer that I signed up for stated that I was supposed to receive a $30 credit on my statement after my first purchase with the card. I made the first purchase back in December and have made at least one or two more since then. But I haven't received the $30 credit from the offer!

I talked to a customer rep on the phone at least twice about this (after being put on hold for 25 minutes or more), but I was only told that the credit would show up on my statement after the closing date in February. When that didn't happen, I called again and was told that it would show up after the closing date in March. That closing date has come and gone and I still don't see the credit on my online statement.

I kept getting the runaround from the Paypal customer rep on the phone (who can barely speak English), so I sent an e-mail, but they told me in reply that they couldn't answer my question and they gave me the same phone number to call with the same customer service rep. ARGH!! It doesn't make any sense that Paypal can't answer my question through e-mail, so that I don't have to talk to the annoying customer rep on the phone again. It's not a thing that Ebay can help me with either. To go to my online statement for the Ebay card, I have to log in on my Paypal account (not Ebay). So, why don't they know anything? I tried to contact Ebay anyway (just in case), but they gave me the number to Paypal, too!

To sum up:  It's been 3 months and OVER 2 billing cycles since I signed up for the card offer and I still haven't received the $30 credit that I was promised in the card offer!!  And I can't get a straight answer as to why from anyone at Paypal or Ebay!

Has anyone else had this problem with the Ebay Mastercard offer? Does anyone know WHEN I will recieve the $30 credit (if ever) ?  Please reply.

-Mike

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kraghu
Contributor
Contributor

Pay is trying to cheat everyone.

They are hoping you will forget about the $30 credit they owe you.

I have not received the $30 either.

And i am also getting the Run Around.

If I EVER get that $30, I will drop this credit card like a hot potato.

Why deal with scumbags like this?

Kris Raghu

Login to Me Too

knight1024
Contributor
Contributor

While I hate to hear that you've had the same experience that I've had, I know now that I'm not the only one. That doesn't give me much consolation, though. It's now been 4 billing cycles (4 months) since I signed up for the offer (passing my April closing date) and I still don't see the $30 credit on my statement! It was promised after 1 or 2 billing cycles. It's just ridiculous! Now, I'm going to have to call customer service again and go through the same old runaround that I've been through at least 4 times now! I was promised by the last customer service rep that if I didn't get it in April, they would definitely give me the credit after calling them. All I can say is, I'll believe it when I see it.

The kicker is I didn't even need this credit card as I've got several others and usually pay with a debit card anyway. I only took it to get the $30 credit to use on ebay. Unbelieveable.

I'll let you know if I make any progress.

-Mike

Login to Me Too

kraghu
Contributor
Contributor

You are not going to get that $30.

You are dealing with dishonest people and a company without integrity.

i just now received my statement for April and there is no mention of any credit.

I am going to cancel my card and will not use my Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

knight1024
Contributor
Contributor

Believe it or not, I finally received the $30 credit to my account! I called customer service again on Monday (this was probably my fourth or fifth call to them since December) and the rep told me that he would put it on my account, but it wouldn't show up on my online account until 48 to 72 hours later (2 to 3 days). I asked him why I hadn't received the credit up until now, but he didn't seem to know. He said that he would write a note to the next on-duty customer rep to find out, but I never called back, so I'll probably never know if it was an error or on purpose. Anyway, it wasn't until 4 days later that the credit showed up on my online account. I don't know why it took a day or two longer to show up than the rep told me, but at least I have it now.

So, if you or anyone else hasn't received the $30 credit from your card offer yet, don't give up. Keep calling the customer reps and pester them until they finally cave in and give you the credit you deserve! If they refuse to give it to you, then you can always tell them that you want to cancel your card because of the dishonesty of the offer. But try first. Like I said, it took me calling them at least once a month for 4 months before I got them to give it to me. What's strange to me is that they still have this credit card offer advertised on ebay all of the time. If they don't want to give anyone the credit, then why do they continue the offer?

Anyway, thanks for your replies and good luck.

-Mike

Login to Me Too

Janesdf
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I had found this forum before I applied for and received the ebay credit card in today's mail.  My credit score took a 6 point hit for this credit card.  Though one person finally received the $30 credit after 4 months and numerous calls, for me, this card is not worth the hassle.   I also stumbled across another site that talked about ebay's credit card being among the worst when it comes to their rewards program.  I then called ebay to let them know about the complaints in this forum and their lousy rewards program, to which the CSR had nothing to say, and that I would not activate the card but instead, cut it and throw it away, which I've done. 

Login to Me Too

carelesscontrap
New Community Member

I just set up the MC account, then while I was on hold read this form, called them right back and cancelled it. 

This is really bad business as I think Pay pal and eBay are pretty good operations generally. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.