unknown transaction name: ORIG CO NAME:PAYPAL CO ENTRY DESCR:TRANSFER???

mangobutter
Contributor
Contributor

on my personal bank account, a big transaction I definitely didn't make was under the name 

ORIG CO NAME:PAYPAL CO ENTRY DESCR:TRANSFER.

it says paypal, but this big amount doesn't even show up in my paypal account transactions.

Have I been hacked? is this from my paypal account? 
I've already called chase about it, but I'm not sure where the source is from.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No one is likely to have the same problem as no one else has your same bank account.

What transactions do you have in your bank account and PayPal account around the same time?

What online purchases have you made around the same time?

How many other people have physical access to your computer or devices where PayPal is installed.

What did you find from a Google search about this transaction?

Login to Me Too

mangobutter
Contributor
Contributor

okay so an update:

to all your questions = I checked and compared everything. I called paypal and they found out that another paypal user got into my account. I know their name therefore I'm filing a dispute with my bank.

a word of warning to anyone else with this problem in the future: call paypal and your bank immediately to check with them for more info if you are sure you did not make that transaction.

**bleep** theives. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I've often commented that one should phone PayPal immediately with problems.  It seems so obvious yet some get annoyed when suggesting a phone call to the bank or PayPal thinking open postings here will solve urgent problems.

Glad you found the cause of the problem through the most logical urgent method.

Any clue how someone else got into your PayPal account?  Something to do you your own carelessness or totally random attact by a stranger on your PayPal account?  Was the password used for access?

Login to Me Too

Mto4192
Contributor
Contributor
I got this issue this morning. This is stupid hacker. Wasted my time
Login to Me Too

Mastherser
Contributor
Contributor
And good luck with getting your money back, I'm surprised the crooks running paypal don't put a hold on these withdrawals lol
Login to Me Too

Mastherser
Contributor
Contributor
But I'm sure it's just crooks looking out for crooks lol
Login to Me Too

Joshvallanapurc
New Community Member
I has the same charge. Turns out it was from a uber ride a night I was a bit out of it. Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

ag0g0girl
New Community Member

I have one of these, and its for my Smart Connect credit payment. Its all good.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.