Why does PayPal tell me it will take up to 3 weeks to get my money? MY money?

bronsonj_0
Contributor
Contributor

I use to sell on ebay about 5 yrs ago.  No hassle and np getting  my money.

Now I went to sell some of my overstock jewelry and am doing well but cannot get my money out of paypal for 3 weeks???  Isn't it my money?  My merchandise I sold and paid eBay 10%?  They're telling me I need at least 25 feedback.  Well I can't see how to get this feedback when most buyers don't leave it!  I have asked them to but I see it is now a violation of ebay policy.  I have 50 items up for sale, sold about 1/3 of them.(not cheap) and got a little over 300.00 transferred to my bank account.  What is that?  They get to keep my money for 3 weeks and earn interest and I get to sit and wait!

Anyone use any other company besides them?  Seems like they are just using our money and sticking to us?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bronsonj_0

You also signed up to Ebay and Paypals user agreement which states that they hold the funds of new sellers for buyer protection.

This you agreed to when you opened those accounts.

The new seller hold is what every single seller on Ebay has gone through, if you don't want to go through it then you can sell on another platform and use another payment processor.

However Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies with 2 separate polices for new seller holds, so if its an Ebay sale then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.

I went through the hold and rarely waited 3 weeks, if you send trackable and use Ebay / Paypal postage then funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3-7 days.

More info in the link  >>

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bronsonj_0
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. 

My first sale was on April 15th, 2017.  Not sure if that counts toward my 90 days?

I have sold over 10k in a couple of days.  Not too bad.  My items are new.  The older ones are mostly new.

And the ones that are not new, are like new.  I am very picky.  Just selling off the extra I had purchased.

That is really all I'm doing right now.  

I don't know how to get buyers feedback?

I know ebay doesn't want you to ask, so I am just waiting the buyers.  

I would like to be able to sell.  But I have a limit on that too.  They give me 47,500.00 to sell and then tell me I cannot sell anymore of that brand.

That is all I'm selling?  Makes no sense.lol

@kernowlass wrote:

@bronsonj_0

You also signed up to Ebay and Paypals user agreement which states that they hold the funds of new sellers for buyer protection.

This you agreed to when you opened those accounts.

The new seller hold is what every single seller on Ebay has gone through, if you don't want to go through it then you can sell on another platform and use another payment processor.

However Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies with 2 separate polices for new seller holds, so if its an Ebay sale then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.

I went through the hold and rarely waited 3 weeks, if you send trackable and use Ebay / Paypal postage then funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3-7 days.

More info in the link  >>

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Login to Me Too

bronsonj_0
Contributor
Contributor
I am doing my best. I they are releasing my funds quicker now. Just thought it was strange. But I did have a couple bad experiences buying so I can see why.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A lot has changed with Ebay,if youhave been away for 5 years,they are holding your fund like a new seller.

do you know if buyer open a case of item not as described on Ebay,you pay return shipping/

Login to Me Too

bronsonj_0
Contributor
Contributor

Hi and thanks for the info!

I got my limit up to 47500.00.  And also my Pandora limit lifted and thought things were fine.  I was sellign off all of the Pandora I PUCHASED on their site that I didn't use for my bracelets and then they shut me down tonight and said it was flagged for stolen!!!!  I even sent them a pic of my home so that they can see the address matches my dr. license!  I think they just want to shut me down.  I have no idea what I did but sell and make them money.  Both buying and selling.  

If all my buyers send my items back, I really am thinking of hiring an attorney for defamation.  This is the norm for me.  I see items on ebay for 100k a piece and no one is shutting them down.  They sell cars!  What the heck!

Login to Me Too

bronsonj_0
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Great info here.  I do everything they ask.  So far, things get a little messed up but they work out in the end.  Trying to get up to the 25 feedback right now.  It will be 3 months in another week.  I have well over the sales amount required.  It's just most don't leave feedback and my products are new.  So I know they can't be upset about that.  I will keep on going until I get them.

Thanks for all of your info.  Very, very helpful!

Rose  :-))

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.