200+ feedback fake ebay seller

vickster339
New Community Member

I made 2 Ebay purchases from the same seller and the seller is a fake.  This ebay seller is shipping 99 cent items to the wrong shipping address to create fake tracking numbers... in the last 5 days he has gone from 20 consecutive negative feedback to over 50...  does a fake seller need a billion negative feedback before i get my $140 back?   Makes me wonder how hard it would be to run a pyramid scam to finance your space program....

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

helpfulhero
Contributor
Contributor

eBay has a help page for this which includes this:

• Concerned about a fraudulent listing? At the bottom of every listing you will find a link saying "Report this item". That takes you to a form you need to fill in to tell us why you are reporting. This includes counterfeit or stolen items, or other suspected fraud.

Login to Me Too

Davestreasure65
New Community Member

If you havn't gotten you items or money back the only way i know to go about it if you want a refund would be to open a case with ebay and ask for a refund just make sure to explain the situation the best you can, you will have to wait i think its 2-4 days so that the seller has time to respond and then eventually ebay should give you your money back. I think it is best to just call ebay and don't give up hope if the first ebay rep is very unhelpful or rude I've run into quite a few of those, eventually you will get a rep that understands and that will want to help you. You can also just do a chargeback since this is a scam. depending on how you paid you can do a chargeback if you don't want to wait for ebay to deal with it, for paypal it must be very easy because i've had people that i've sold to on ebay do a fraudulent chargeback without even going through ebay most of the time i eventually get my money back though. Paypal almost always rules in favor of the buyer even if the buyer is a fraud or scam artist i know this from personal experiance. Good luck on getting this resolved i know ebay can be a huge pain in the butt sometimes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.