Why can't I send money from my PayPal balance?

therealjayvi
Contributor
Contributor

This is just getting to be ridiculous. Why does everybody act like "PayPal" is its' own entity, with a mind of its own or something? If I have money currently available in my PayPal balance, and I go to "Send Money" as "Friends and Family" then I should have the option the USE that balance! There should be absolutely no reason why I have to send money from my attached bank account or debit card when there is perfectly good money sitting in my available balance! My transactions keep defaulting to "Goods and Services" no matter which method I try: paypal.com, PayPal Mobile App for iOS, PayPal Mobile App for Android, m.paypal.com, not a single one of them is any different! And to be perfectly honest calling the PayPal hotline doesn't give any help whatsoever. I swear everybody employed at PayPal is only concerned with shoving you off to the next person because they really have no intention of ACTUALLY figuring out your problem! Ever tried the Help & Contact section? Ever spent 20 minutes typing up, in great detail, the EXACT issues you may be facing, only to get the automated bot response in your email that tells you the same basic **bleep** that the last 50 people you talked to have advised? "Clear your cache and cookies", "Try rebooting your computer", "Try it again in 24-48 hours"... NONE of these are appropriate answers that fix anything with their broken system! I have had a friend waiting on me to send them money since I woke up this morning and now, 12 hours later, I'm STILL facing the exact same problem as when I woke up! If I have $30 in my balance and I go to send that $30 to my friend, why does PayPal insist on defaulting to only letting me send the payment from my bank account?!?! My bank account has absolutely nothing to do with any of this! I have the money at this very moment! I'm seriously getting tired of PayPal and all their games they play. And don't even get me started on eBay lol 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@therealjayvi

Are the funds in your balance in the same currency that the person you are sending to accepts?

Are the funds cleared and not pending?

Do you use pay after delivery ( or whatever option is the same in your country ).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

4evaProser
Contributor
Contributor

That first line about saying paypal is its one entity is so true. When you talk to the hotline people they act as if paypal is a person it makes the right decisions and is never flawed. Paypal is not a god and im having the same issue if i can just verify my infomation to someone they should be able to override the system. My frustration is very high and im sure yours is. Best of luck and please tell me if you get tooken care of.

Login to Me Too

Alfred5
New Community Member

I do have the same issue can't use my available balance I tried so many time to send the money that I have in my balance to my bank account and I tried to send money to friends or family same problems all I got is

We can’t send your payment right now. If you keep running into this issue, please contact Paypal.

If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service. 

my social verified my ID verified my phone verified my bank verified my email verified everything is verified  I never had that problems sine now 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.