We're not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time.

tasq7b
New Community Member

I cant pay with paypal. Every time i get this error: ''We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method.

My Paypal account status is "verified", and my Bank Account is listed as "Confirmed" and my Credit card is listed as "primary" so everything seems fine on the surface.

I have tried Chrome and Firefox.

I have tried checking the box that says private computer.

I purposely entered the wrong password when signing into paypal once, and it told me my account information was wrong, so it seems that when I use the correct UN/PW and get the error message above, it seems that EBAY and Paypal are talking at least.

I thought it might have been an IPv6 issue so I switched over to a machine that only runs IPv4 and it gave the same error message.

My account balance is $0.00 and has always been $0.00 because I've always used the credit card that I have listed on the Paypal account, so unless that has changed...

I tried buying an Ebay giftcard so the amount being transferred is $0.00.

The one thing that I did notice earlier was that I was able to log into paypal just fine, but when I tried to access "my banking information" it wanted me to log in again, but my UN/PW didn't seem to work at first, I changed my paypal password and now things seems fine, almost seemed like a phishing site?

I have spent a lot of time on your community website looking for a way to fix this and the best response from a moderator i can find suggested the following.
-Try to send the payment at a later date
-Try to send the payment using a different card/bank to fund the payment if possible
-Add the money from your bank to your PayPal balance and then try sending the payment from there if possible
- Get verified if your account is still un-verified

As mentioned above I have done 3 of the 4 but i dont see how adding money to my paypal balance matters if I have the Ebay gift card.

PLEASE HELP!

I tried to call but the wait time was over 1.5 hours and i tried to ask on FB but paypal is worst so they dont care.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Best answer - your issue cannot be resolved here, yes the Community is monitored by PayPal employees however, most issues are resolved via volunteers who have used PayPal.   In some cases a complete reboot is necessary, meaning you may have to simply start over with your a account creation which may seem a bit over kill but, it can be done.  If customer support cannot resolve your issues then go with a clean slate.  You can always setup a new PayPal account but, make sure you close your existing account first - remove any personal info, bank account details and/or credit card info first - wait till that is done, then remove your personal info, after that, close your account.  To open a new clean account, you will need a "new" email address, then go from there.   (From personal experience, I've been through this - it does work.)

Login to Me Too

Lennymo
New Community Member
Please help with another way to fix this issue my preferred way to pay is from my certified savings account I also have certified and certified checking accounts as well but still won't let me shop why?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.