Unauthorised Access to my account

hostquota
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to report unauthorised access to my paypal account, but it's impossible to do so, as every time I click the submit button, I just get an icon that spins and spins eternally, and I'm afraid I will expire before it does. I can't find an email address, only a reference to one existing somewhere, but where it will take a month of sundays before anyone responds. I have no phone credit, and only 100 words to ask for help here. Absolutely appalling. I need to contact the police, but need to speak to paypal first, why is it so difficult to do so? (21st century)

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is the 21st century so why don't you have  a phone which works?

Did you open a dispute from the resolution center?

Login to Me Too

hostquota
Contributor
Contributor

Very unhelpful comment...I have a phone that works, but I pay monthly and have used all my allowance. Even if I had a phone with credit, it's mobile and would cost me as paypal only provide freephone to landlines.

In respect to what I have done so far, I have tried submitting a message to their resolution centre, again and again and again, but all I get is a spinning icon, and have just noticed that someone else has reported the same issue, two hours ago. I'm a web developer and can assure you that it is not complicated to have a support system that works.

I found that by changing my options as to why I am contacting them, I am able to put in a report without the icon spinning eternally, but after submitting and getting a message saying it has been submitted, there is no record of any open tickets at all.

I have to make a report to the police but I have already spoken to an officer who has advised me to contact my bank and paypal first, but their website say's it will take forever for someone to respond to an email, is it just one person working at paypal or why does it take so long to respond to an email?

I sell web hosting and wanted to provide a paypal option for my clients, but it's not very impressive is it? My own clients would leave in droves if it took me more than a day (and in some cases, an hour) to respond to a support request, no matter how it was submitted.

I have also contacted a staff member via their chat script on the main website, but he can't do any more than give me an email address and phone number.

Anyway, I guess by the tone of your response, you're quite happy to use paypal. Count yourself lucky that you don't have reason to contact them promptly.

(ps: I rarely need a phone for anything, except for having a phone number to put on my websites, so I don't have or need an all singing and dancing price plan)

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I phoned PayPal support for help--and it works to get a resolution.

I also phone other parties when I have business issues.

I also have customers phone me with business issues.

A phone is still a very relevant part of operating a business.

When you want to solve a business problem you need to do whatever it takes, even if that means phone calls.

Login to Me Too

hostquota
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I am disabled and find it hard to get out and about, so running off to friends to use their phone is out of the question. I do quite well without a landline, they are unecessary expenses, only useful for companies that make it difficult for you to contact them! My hosting clients  can contact me via email, support ticket, or voip, and I rarely run out of mobile credit, but had cause to use more than usual this month.

In general, I do quite well without a landline, and in all honesty I haven't even thought about getting one.

I've still not contacted them, and will have to wait until tomorrow now, as a friend is coming over, but I get your point.

But I learned something in 2006/7 when I first got into web dev, programming and hosting, that any online business is only as good as it's support system.   I guess that's why I over react to poor support systems such as paypals.

All the best.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi hostquota,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized activity, and the trouble reaching out to us for help. You can report unauthorized activity following the steps listed here. If you're unable to complete the process there, or get the same spinning error, you can reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter and we can see if there's anything we can help with there.

I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.