Transfer paypal credit to wrong bank account

edwrdd
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item , received Paypal credit .But it was transferred to the wrong bank account, It was my old one i have no access to, the transaction now shows it has been completed , i do not have the new balance in my bank account. How can i send that money to my bank account. I have a transaction id # too.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

The bank should receive the funds and will try to post them back to the appropriate account.  If they cannot complete the process, the funds are usually sent back to PayPal.   PayPal will then post them into your PayPal balance.  The bad news is, the process can take up to 30 days before PayPal gets the funds back.   PayPal recommends you contact your bank and let them know a money was sent to the old account so they can assist you by locating the funds and/or expediting the return of funds. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

The bank should receive the funds and will try to post them back to the appropriate account.  If they cannot complete the process, the funds are usually sent back to PayPal.   PayPal will then post them into your PayPal balance.  The bad news is, the process can take up to 30 days before PayPal gets the funds back.   PayPal recommends you contact your bank and let them know a money was sent to the old account so they can assist you by locating the funds and/or expediting the return of funds. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.