Transfer money

YeoCheeYong123
Contributor
Contributor

Is there also a charge when we transfer money from paypal to another paypal account in the same country/currency? The balance withheld probably will go for how long?

Looking for a resolution. 

Thank you for reading it.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YeoCheeYong123

Depends what option you are using to send it.

Depends on what funding source you are sending it from.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

YeoCheeYong123
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

I using request money option, is there another option that will not receive charge?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YeoCheeYong123

Your first post sounded as if you are the buyer, your second the seller so are you buying or selling?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

YeoCheeYong123
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Hmm, actually i transferred my previous paypal account to my new paypal account. It is because my first paypal account my name was not match to the bank account name, and i requested to name change but they do not approve it. So, i ended up making a new paypal account. 

When i got the money from my first paypal account, the balance was not on hold. Once i transferred to my new paypal account, my balances are now withheld. Therefore, and i'm pretty sure it's free for receive money from friends/family, but i still receive a charge for that. ( https://www.paypal.com/my/selfhelp/article/what-are-the-fees-for-paypal-accounts-faq690). Is it only for U.S, there will be free of charge for the receiveing and sending money?

Third, i would like to ask about an update "credit/debit card". I knew there are a RM10.00 charge when we update and confirm our debit/credit card to our paypal account. But I do not see the money has return to my paypal account?

Looking for further explanation. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How did you "transfer" from one personal account to another personal account?

In what countries are your accounts?

Transferring from one personal account to another may have triggered some security issue as the transfer was suspicious.

A lot more details are needed about your 2 account and how you did the transfer.

Login to Me Too

YeoCheeYong123
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations

The main reason i register a new paypal account is because my first paypal account name does not match with my bank account. 

I using request money option to transfer money from first paypal account to my second paypal account.

Both accounts are in Malaysia/Currency, and both accounts' informations are similar. Should i contact paypal's customer services and provide them as much information in order to help my (withheld balances) turn faster?

And what kind of details needed?

Login to Me Too

YeoCheeYong123
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm may i know, if my balances are on available is it mean i can transfer my money from paypal into my bank account? 

Or how to know if i am able to withdraw my money into bank account?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The problem COULD be related to having 2 personal PayPal accounts and a problem with one of them.

It MIGHT be related to money restrictions in your country.

Suggest you phone PayPal suport for account help.

Login to Me Too

YeoCheeYong123
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations

Actually the balances in my second account has been available, not in under review or withheld anymore. So, is it mean i can start trasnferring my money into my bank account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.