Scam?

Hi everyone, this my first time selling something through a well known shoe app (Kixify) and it is my first time using paypal through such a payment method. A person contacted me asking me to text them asap. After some awkward exhanges over text we reached an amount to be paid. It was $1100 for a brand new pair of original yeezys. The buyer then asked for me to send them an invoice, wasn't really sure how to do that so I sent a money request because the payment wasn't through the verified app (kixify) that used paypal and did all the work through the app. After sending the money request, he asked for my email, which a few mins later I then recieved these emails from the buyer himself through their personal email. I haven't recieved an email from paypal. blacked out info is the buyers shipping detailsblacked out info is the buyers shipping detailsBlacked out info is the buyers shipping details and my email at the topBlacked out info is the buyers shipping details and my email at the topblacked out info is the "receipt number" supposedlyblacked out info is the "receipt number" supposedlyScreenshot (69).pngblacked out info is the buyers info 

Am I being scammed?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

A_TeaMz
Contributor
Contributor

Please Report These Emails To spoof@paypal.com As These Emails Do Look Fake & It Looks Like You Are Trying To Get Scammed! Also, Please Try To Stick Making Your Business Transactions Through The Verirfied App & PayPal Is NOT Responsible For Any Lost or Damaged Items! The Shipping Carriers Are Responsible For Them & I Also Strongly Advise That You Insure These Type of Shipments That Are Worth A Lot As Certain Shipping Companies Come With Insurance But Only Offer of About $50 So You Will Have To Pay A Small Fee To Insure The Rest. As For These Emails, Based On My Experiences With PayPal Support, These DO NOT Look Like Any Emails That PayPal Would Send Out & Its Most Likely A Scam! Please Complete Your Transactions Through The Verified Business App Your Pertatining Too! Also, To Create An Invoice, Log Into Your PayPal Account And Hover To Send & Request & You May Create An Invoice To Your Buyer As It Is Covered By Seller Protection Plan! You Will Get A Unique Invoice ID For That Transaction That You Can Add To The Verified App To Let Them Know A Sale Was Made. DO NOT Ship Your Item Until You Have Received Full Payment For The Item or Until It Is In Your Pending Balance On Hold Where PayPal Is Safely & Securely Holding It! Hope I Helped Clarify Your Issue! Thank You!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

A_TeaMz
Contributor
Contributor

Please Report These Emails To spoof@paypal.com As These Emails Do Look Fake & It Looks Like You Are Trying To Get Scammed! Also, Please Try To Stick Making Your Business Transactions Through The Verirfied App & PayPal Is NOT Responsible For Any Lost or Damaged Items! The Shipping Carriers Are Responsible For Them & I Also Strongly Advise That You Insure These Type of Shipments That Are Worth A Lot As Certain Shipping Companies Come With Insurance But Only Offer of About $50 So You Will Have To Pay A Small Fee To Insure The Rest. As For These Emails, Based On My Experiences With PayPal Support, These DO NOT Look Like Any Emails That PayPal Would Send Out & Its Most Likely A Scam! Please Complete Your Transactions Through The Verified Business App Your Pertatining Too! Also, To Create An Invoice, Log Into Your PayPal Account And Hover To Send & Request & You May Create An Invoice To Your Buyer As It Is Covered By Seller Protection Plan! You Will Get A Unique Invoice ID For That Transaction That You Can Add To The Verified App To Let Them Know A Sale Was Made. DO NOT Ship Your Item Until You Have Received Full Payment For The Item or Until It Is In Your Pending Balance On Hold Where PayPal Is Safely & Securely Holding It! Hope I Helped Clarify Your Issue! Thank You!

Login to Me Too

Thanks guys for all the help, genuinely appreciate it. Yea probably a good idea to know what I'm doing first before going through with anything

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Of course it's a scam.

Hopefully you did no ship anything.

This is also a good time to do NOTHING for selling with PayPal until your understand how the sytem works and the responsibility and risks you accept.

Login to Me Too

A_TeaMz
Contributor
Contributor

I Mean I Wouldnt Say Nothing. It Happens, You Go Through Situations & Learn From Your Mistakes. The Selling Part Is Fine, Just Processing The Order & Completing It Is Where He Needs Improvement.

Login to Me Too

I didn't ship anything haha, just had to confirm first. Thanks man, I appreciate it, I'll brush up on how this whole system works. Still fairly new to it

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Expensive shoes are an EXTREME risk item subject to scams and fraudlent sales and purchases.  Best to deal in cash only.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.