Money pulled back out of my account?

DiedrichJM
New Community Member

Hello everyone. Just a quick question. I sold an item online to an out of state buyer. Is there anyway they can cancell their transaction with me once I ship the item, leaving me with a loss?

Thank you very much in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Buyer doesn't have an option to just cancel a purchase.

On the other hand, buyer has a lot of power in the dispute process.

Seller has protection for item not delivred.

Other than that you're pretty much on your own.  If you have a concern about the transaction, do not ship.  Do not ship to a customer who doesn't want the item.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Buyer doesn't have an option to just cancel a purchase.

On the other hand, buyer has a lot of power in the dispute process.

Seller has protection for item not delivred.

Other than that you're pretty much on your own.  If you have a concern about the transaction, do not ship.  Do not ship to a customer who doesn't want the item.

Login to Me Too

A_TeaMz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There,

This Most Likely Seems Like A Charge Back! This Happens Sometimes With PayPal As It Has Happened To Me Once In The Past Depending On The Buyers Bank/Credit Card! If This Is The Case of A Charge Back Which Is Most Likely It Then Please Conatct PayPal Via Phone & Tell Them The Situation & If They See That You Shipped The Item Out Before The Charge Back Happened Then They Might Be Able To Help You On Recovering Your Payment Back! Also, Please Try Mesaging The Buyer As Well & Ask Him/Her To Kindly Send Te Payment Back! If That Doesnt Work Then Call This In & They Will Check The Time of The Sale & When It Was Shipped & The Time of The Chargeback. Hope I Helped Clarify This For You Today! Thank You!

Login to Me Too

DiedrichJM
New Community Member

Thank you all for the quick replies! I think I will be OK though, just needed more info on what could happen. 🙂

Login to Me Too

A_TeaMz
Contributor
Contributor

No Problem! Kudos Are Very Much Appreciated & On Behalf of PayPal, Thank You For Choosing PayPal! Have A Good One! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

They cannot cancel a purchase,but they cant say they have not received the item if you cannot prove with tracking it has been delivered OR they can say item is not as described and return the item back to you for full refund

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.