Rolex

ferrisint18
Contributor
Contributor

For the first time in my life, I listed a Rolex oyster perpetual -DATE- on ebay, as soon as I noticed the money was posted to pay pal account, I shipped the watch. I had put special tape and markings on the watch and told the buyer they should not be removed if he wishes to return the item in the first 24 hrs after receipt, now I have received amail from the buyer that the movement is not original Rolex. I haven't got a penny in my Bank account either and have heard stories like these that the buyers maybe professional watchmakers and they can replace movements. I hope this is not the case and respect the buyer not to be one of those people, but I have emailed him all the information about this watch and he won the bid. Now not only I don't have my watch and what he could have done to it, don't have money in my bank account either and don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ferrisint18

If your buyer has not opened a dispute then hopefully you will be ok as long as the watch is genuine.

If you want to withdraw the funds to your paypal account then click on withdraw funds and follow the on screen prompts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You stated you had the money.  Now you don't.  So, what really happened?

You didn't state that the buyer filed a PayPal dispute.

Listing a Rolex was a real invitation for a scam. You should have known that your own policy about removing the tape were uninforceable as only PayPal policies would prevail and that the buyer has 180 days to dispute, not just 24 hours.

What was the status of the payment in your PayPal account on your computer?  Did the payment details indicated payment COMPLETED and OK to ship?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.