I've been scammed

scottfitz27
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I sold my Rolex to I guy called maxipad22 on ebay. I was sent two emails from PayPal saying the money was in my account so I sent off the item. However the money was not put in my account. PayPal say the guy never sent the reqest back??????????? No they have cancelled the reqest.

Is there anything I can do to get my money?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scottfitz27

NEVER rely on emails, always check your paypal account to see the money is showing in your paypal balance.

A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ashleighbelgrav
New Community Member

I have had the same problem with this guy and my omega watch. He started sending abusive emails and saying I clearly didnt know how to use paypal or ebay as the money takes days to come in. He started being aggressive in his email accusing me of not even having a watch so I have cancelled the order and relisted the item! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.