Requested refunds and got them back but dont have the prepaid card I used to pay with, What do I do?

layton
Contributor
Contributor

So recently I've refunded goods that I did not recieve/were misleading AFTER I had gotten rid of the Prepaid visa card, I was wondering if there was any cache that paypal may be able to give me as of previous card numbers that have been added to an account or if I could recieve the balance on my account instead of the actual card, Thanks!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal will refund to the original source.  If that source is no avaiable, then the payment will bounce back to  somewhere after about 30 days.   If your VISA card is still active, then the funds will go there.

Best to immediately phone the bank which issued the VISA card to figure out what to do while you can.

Login to Me Too

layton
Contributor
Contributor

I've already called the bank but they requested the card number, What I dont have, So im stuck with refunds to prepaid cards I no longer have and dont have access to

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Was the card linked to your PayPal account?  Look up the last 4 digits of the card in the Wallet. Perhaps you can give part of the number and your name to the card issuer to look it up.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

layton
Contributor
Contributor

I do have the last 4 digits of both cards, just nothing else

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

They tell you to always write the number down somewhere, in case you toss the card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.