Releasing funds?

Tonini
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my friend from U.S. sent me some money on paypal 6 days ago, it's still pending.

I know all about pending balance, but my friend had an option before to release funds, so the money would go through immediately?

Now she said that with new design of the interface she couldn't find an option of releasing funds, and that she just sent it the regular way, which resulted in me having a pending balance.

How to release funds with this interface, or is that option deleted?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you set up in your account that you will review the payment first before accepting?? 

Login to Me Too

Tonini
Contributor
Contributor

Um, no? I didn't do much with settings of my account, therefore, I don't think so.

Also, I've had over 20 successful transactions before, some I had to wait, some were released immediately when my friend from U.S. checked the option to release funds.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The problem is that your friend sent you money as goods and services payment.  Were you charged a PayPal fee for the payment?  If so, that is what happened and your money is held in a pending balance.  You can refund the payment and ask friend to resend as friends and family payment.    Note that PayPal charges the flat rate portion of the PayPal fee for refunds on goods payments.

When your friend sends payment again, have them use the Send & Request link, at the top, on the summary page, then select that the payment is a friends and family payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tonini
Contributor
Contributor

She sent it as a friend, she believes so. And there's no PayPal fee for the payment, so I'm pretty sure she didn't make a mistake.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Tonini
Contributor
Contributor

We haven't still found solution to this, except when she pays for goods and services. But in that case paypal charges $5 USD

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.