Received a refund twice

IsaacOfMN
Contributor
Contributor
So i was supposed to receive a partial refund of $11 and change. I received an $11.65 refund a few weeks after I called. Then, a few weeks later I got another $11.81 refund. So basically I was refunded twice....should I do anything about this?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @IsaacOfMN!

Thanks for swinging by the Forums with your PayPal question! 🙂 Accidental refunds happen sometimes and I'm happy to share some solutions for you. 

If a merchant issues a refund by mistake or issues a duplicate refund, PayPal is unable to correct this on behalf of the merchant. In these situations, we always recommend that the buyer and seller work together to come up with a repayment plan. 

The merchant may send an invoice to the buyer or the buyer may use PayPal's Send Money feature to send repayment to the merchant. Contact information for the merchant can be found in the transaction details of the payment. 

I'd call or email the merchant and see how they'd like to move forward with this issue. Thanks for doing the right thing! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @IsaacOfMN!

Thanks for swinging by the Forums with your PayPal question! 🙂 Accidental refunds happen sometimes and I'm happy to share some solutions for you. 

If a merchant issues a refund by mistake or issues a duplicate refund, PayPal is unable to correct this on behalf of the merchant. In these situations, we always recommend that the buyer and seller work together to come up with a repayment plan. 

The merchant may send an invoice to the buyer or the buyer may use PayPal's Send Money feature to send repayment to the merchant. Contact information for the merchant can be found in the transaction details of the payment. 

I'd call or email the merchant and see how they'd like to move forward with this issue. Thanks for doing the right thing! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

IsaacOfMN
Contributor
Contributor
So this wasn't really a small merchant. It was the Hanes company.....and last time I called I was on hold for like 30min......is there any policy saying I have to contact them? Because I don't plan on taking too much of my time to fix their mistake lol.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Thanks for following up, @IsaacOfMN! There's not a PayPal policy that says you must reach out to your merchant in these situations, but we do always encourage the buyer to do the right thing.

I can understand where you're coming from, especially if you're having difficulty reaching a large merchant. We really appreciate do appreciate your efforts to work this out! If you cannot reach the merchant, there won't be any negative impacts to your PayPal account status. 

Let me know if you have more questions! 🙂

-Ashley

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.