Problems paying for an annual subscription

Mc1990
New Community Member
I’m trying to pay for an annual subscription and when the site gets ready to take me to the payment page on PayPal, I get an error message that says “this feature is only available to Business and Premier accounts” and the only option that can be selected from there is “Return to Merchant” and it takes me back to the page that I came from. Anyone else experience this and know how to fix it? Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hello @Mc1990! This can either mean 1 of 2 things:

• If the website has payment tiers called "Business" or "Premier" accounts, then it's a technical issue on the website or
  • PayPal has detected that the website owners or company owners are using their personal PayPal accounts for receiving payments. It's important that a business uses a business PayPal account and not a personal PayPal account. Otherwise, if the owners use a personal account for business use, that would mean the owners are trying to avoid fees (knowingly or unknowingly). If the owners are trying to avoid fees, that could lead to either the limitation, aka freezing, or the closure of the owners account - I don't know which one it is for reprimanding this kind of behavior.

Either way, you'll have to contact the company to let them know of the situation.

If you're a business owner: Remember, the only fees associated to a business account are the transaction fees and those are automatically deducted from your PayPal balance or your linked payment method when a transaction is paid for.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this forum with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.