Personal info

KB38
Contributor
Contributor
If I setup a PayPal account will people who buy things from me be able to see any of my personal info like account #'s?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No.  They will see your name (real or business) and your PayPal email address.  They will not see your account numbers.  

Login to Me Too

KB38
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. Just leary of doing this
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I've been using PayPal for many years, including for business.  I've never been concerned about personal information being exposed.  I am more concerned, however, about breaches with companies who have my credit information which they collected and manage without real security oversight, i.e. credit agencies such as Experien and even IRS.

I do use my business name and address on invoices and also on orders generated from my ecommrce web site.  I accept credit cards from buyers a local events with PayPal Here.

So, operate professionally and follow PayPal policies strictly and you should be fine.  Personal safety is much more important.  Your risk of problems is much greater from bad judgement with scams than it is with PayPal security.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.