Paypal taking money from my bank, but I did not request it?

lleellee
New Community Member

I got an email saying my bank is sending money to my paypal. Multiple times and different amounts over $200... I did not request this and I have barely touched paypal in years till I saw this email yesterday. Could it be someone hacked my account and is trying to take from my bank, then send themselves the money from my paypal? Has anyone ever had this issue? Lucky for me, I only had old card numbers and my bank has completely different accounts now so I doubt it will end up going through but it will take 3 days to process on paypal.

Anyone know why this would happen and if there is a way paypal can help? I tried calling but the wait time always stays at 3+ hours and I only got the automatic email saying I can report AFTER it processes.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Tricia

Hi lleellee, 

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that happened. 

It's possible someone accessed your PayPal account. I recommend updating your password and security questions to help protect your account. Be sure to report any unauthorized activity to us for review. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.