Payment pending?

Maddnias
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I've sent multiple payments and received with my PayPal just fine for about a week now. However, my last payment has the status "pending" and the recipient is getting anxious since it hasn't showed up for him/her. This has nothing to do with eBay. It is just a private transaction. Is this just a matter of waiting it out (if so, approximately how long?) or is there something either me or the recipient is required to do?

This is quite frustrating as I thought sending money from balance instead of my bank/credit card would significantly speed up the process but apparently not...

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you send personal payment (friends & family) or goods and services payment?  Goods and services payment may take longer (up to 21 days, if tracking is provided, 3 days for domestic.  No tracking: 7 days domestic, 14 for intl payments) if the recipient is new at receiving payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you send personal payment (friends & family) or goods and services payment?  Goods and services payment may take longer (up to 21 days, if tracking is provided, 3 days for domestic.  No tracking: 7 days domestic, 14 for intl payments) if the recipient is new at receiving payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Maddnias
Contributor
Contributor

It was a goods and services payment non-domestic. So I guess I'll just have to wait it out... Thanks for the answer either way.

Login to Me Too

isismaat
New Community Member

I am the recipient.  I have a client that has purchased goods and services from me and her payment is showing pending on her end and I am seeing $0.00 on my end.  Are you saying that I will have to wait 21 days to see it show up in my account?

Login to Me Too

TheRealAnne
New Community Member

Help! I am a recipient whose payment has been put on a random "hold" for almost a week. This is a "family and friends" private transaction. This person has sent me money via PayPal many times without issue, and vice versa. She was told PayPal occasionally "selects" random payments to monitor and that this happens to be one. So now it's been a week - and the PayPal account info says "funds will be released to you Nov. 6." Today is Nov. 6 and the money is still pending. HELP!

Login to Me Too

Jay11787
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased 20 Silver Coins from a Seller on Ebay and made the Payment with my Checking Account through Pay Pal cause I have my Bank linked to it as a Payment Option. When I made the Payment it said it would take up to 3 Days for Payment to clear. Now it's a week later and my Pay Pal Account still say's the Payment Transaction is "Pending".  However I went to my Bank and asked the Bank Teller to look up my Account info to see if the Payment went through yet and she said Yes it went through Monday October 16th. But the Seller said the money still hasn't come through on his end ? So where the heck is my money ? The Bank said it went through. Pay Pal says Pending. The Seller needs to be paid ASAP. Were talking about $142 Dollars here. I don't know what to do. I Emailed Pay Pal about this matter yesterday and they have not gotten back in touch with me yet and the Seller is running out of patience cause I told him it would take 3 days for payment to clear tops because that's what I read when I paid. Any suggestions ? I don't know how much longer I can tell the Seller to wait. Plus I wanna know where the money is. Thanks Friends !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.