PayPal is sending me to collections for one mistake!

chimason
New Community Member

I have $1650 in Pay Pal credit.  I sent 1500  to my son to put as downpayment for a car I got....   "chose" my bank account,___accidently, instead of PayPal Credit when I sent it   .PayPal keeps trying to collect the balance from my bank  and I do not have enough to cover it. I am sending PP $100 a month to pay what I owe, but PP keeps trying to get it from my bank account.  I don't have that much money in my bank account. I keep asking them to take it from the 1650 PP credit I have, but they won't.  I'd still be paying $100 a month. My bank charges me $34 everytime PP tries to get the full amount. This is so wrong and I am so upset.  I am almost 72  and only get $800 a month Social Security Disability, from which I pay ALL my bills.

PayPal is being so mean and hateful and said they are going to send it to collections..... instead of giving me the 14 months I need to pay it off.  I have always paid my Pal Pal credit in payments...   why are they doing this to me.  Should I talk to a lawyer or the attorney general here in Texas  ???  Please help !!!!!!               CHIMASON

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chimason

You chose to fund the purchase with your bank account and so paypal will keep trying to take it from your bank account as you told them to.

If you don't have enough in that bank account then i suggest rather than an attorney (when paypal is doing as you instructed) your best bet is to phone paypal and see if you can sort something out with them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chimason
New Community Member
I have talked to about 10 different people at PayPal this past couple weeks and they don't want to help me. They want it all now or go to collections. I have been using PP for years and always paid what I owed them in payments.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chimason

If you have spoken to paypal then not sure why you are posting on here as unfortunately no one here can help you.

You did not buy something on credit, you bought it instantly and told paypal to take it from your bank account, that is what they are doing.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.