PayPal credit SUCKS!

Mattredd
Contributor
Contributor
Their security system keeps denying 98.99% of all my purchases. Why? I haven't done anything and all my attempts to purchase things are from reputable sources. What gives? I was told there is nothing they can do. Seriously about to close the account.
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you search this forum,you are not alone.

Paypal line of credit is not like your bank or cc line of credit that you can start spending once approved.

it depends on how much they have extended ,what you are trying to buy,how risky is the transaction and your credit standing.

dont get too excited when you are approved.

Login to Me Too

Mattredd
Contributor
Contributor
That's just PayPal trying to control what you buy. That's why they don't report to any of the credit bureaus because their business on the credit side is fishy. Just a bad business model for the credit side.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

By 2020,Ebay contract with Paypal will end,Ebay is free to choose another payment processor or start its own,if so Paypal needs to come up with new products to replace the revenue lost from Ebay .

Login to Me Too

Filmshockers
I understand,been are going through the same thing. 2500 limit and can't use it. And it doesn't say that in the terms and conditions before we sign up. Not only are we getting **bleep** we had to deal with the Hard inquiry on our credit report for 3 years. How is this even legal?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.