PayPal Invoicing - Partial Payments

d2designs
Contributor
Contributor

Can a customer make more than one payment if I "allow partial payment" on an invoice? For example, can they make four payments?

I have seen this kind of question in searches, but there are no answers.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes.

If you want to accept a deposit or partial payment from your customer, check the partial payments box at the bottom of your invoice. You can also set a minimum amount. Your customer can then make a full payment, pay the minimum, or pay an amount greater than the minimum.

Your invoice will have a partially paid status until it’s paid in full. The amount paid will also appear on the invoice for both you and your customer.

The partial payments feature allows your customers to make multiple payments towards the full balance of one invoice, rather than you having to submit multiple invoices.

The feature is not intended to be a credit product or to allow for an excessive number of payments to be made. PayPal may contact you if they believe you are not using the product correctly.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

d2designs
Contributor
Contributor

Is there another "layaway" option other than PayPal Credit? Some of my customers may be from outside the US, or do not want to sign up for PayPal Credit.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Maybe the installment, subscription or automatic payment buttons are what you are looking for:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/get-started/recurring-payment-processing

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ghogan6288
New Community Member
Is there a way to set an amount of time for the payment to be due?
Login to Me Too

skm03
Contributor
Contributor

As another user has already asked (but went unanswered), is there a way to specify a date where the full payment is due??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.