PayPal Credit option not working on ebay

Kaeldra1
New Community Member

I've been trying to purchase an item for almost a week now on ebay with paypal credit.  I wanted to use paypal credit so I could have some time to pay the $1000 for the camera I want, but though it SAYS I can use paypal credit, when I try to select it only gives me the option for billmelater and then redirects me to APPLY for a paypal credit account despite the fact that I have TWO paypal credit accounts already.  I do not have any desire to open a third line of credit.  

I've tried contacting PayPal customer service and Ebay customer service to no avail.  They seem incapable of even figuring out why I'm having this issue.  I also contacted the seller to make sure they accepted PayPal Credit and they do.  This is EXTREMELY frustrating and makes me question using paypal credit in the future.  What a pain.

Login to Me Too
88 REPLIES 88

Rchr60
Contributor
Contributor
This isn't true, about the "Digital and Non-Digital" items, because I tried purchasing a few action figures using my newly approved PayPal Credit, -!: my options on eBay at checkout are; PAYPAL - Where it expects me to use my personal debit card / PAYPAL CREDIT - Which wants me to apply for credit, which I can't do again because I was already approved / and finally DEBIT-CREDIT CARD- which eBay expects me to enter my debit/credit card info bypassing PayPal altogether. So I'm a little beyond upset right now that I have this new line of credit and can't even use it. I'm praying that I find some type of fix for this otherwise I think I'm done with PayPal altogether.
Login to Me Too

Sillythebilly

Here's a repost of a solution that worked for me: I tried using the ebay app on my phone to pay, and the thing worked. Go to checkout, select paypal as an option, sign in to paypal, select special financing promo. You're welcome, internet.

Login to Me Too

bikedayz
New Community Member

Thanks Sillythebilly!  Ebay app worked fine to pay with PayPal Credit - nothing else worked.  It was a digital item, but I've never had this trouble before.

Login to Me Too

Rchr60
Contributor
Contributor
I tried through the mobile app as well and I still only get the three options; PayPal, PayPal Credit (which wants me to apply), and credit card. So I really can't figure out what to do.
Login to Me Too

VMarlow
Contributor
Contributor
Click on the one that says -Paypal- Sign into your Paypal using just that option (not paypal credit). Once you are logged in to your account, you will be able to select Paypal credit as an option to pay for the item that brought you there.
Login to Me Too

Rchr60
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I've tried what you're suggesting and the very first thing that pops up is PayPal telling me I need to add a Debit/Credit card to my account. I don't want to add a card, that's why I applied fit PayPal Credit in the am first place.
Login to Me Too

Boneoss
New Community Member

BEWARE! PAYPAL CREDIT UK WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO BUY FROM THE US. IT IS NOT AN OPTION. 

I signed up for this woeful service in order to buy one single rare item from the US. Absolutely nowhere did it tell me that my purchase options were restricted to my home currency of £'s. I committed to buying this thing on ebay, listed in £'s by Ebay as it was from an international seller. only to find that the credit line I signed up for was not available. NO Paypal credit option anywhere to be seen. I called Paypal and they told me that I am only allowed to purchase things in £'s!!! I have had to request to cancel the transaction via the seller harming my Ebay rating. I am absolutely furious. Shame on you Paypal this is beyond shocking. Cancelling and moving to someone who does it properly,

Thanks for the hassle.  

Login to Me Too

stargazing727
New Community Member
PayPal is deceitful and practices unfare trade. I therefore encourage all those that have been a victim of PayPal's fraudulent deception to file complaints with the appropriate federal agencies in the state that you reside. PayPal uses a term called switch and bait in order to collect personal information from unsuspecting users therefore violating a multitude of federal and state laws. I'm in the process of retaining legal council in hopes of filing a class action suit, I will post a google blog with appropriate information soon. Take action victims!
Login to Me Too

ahoward
New Community Member

I was having this same issue. Couldnt even click on Paypal credit. I called and I needed to update my information, address, etc from when my Bill Me Later account a couple years back. Took a couple minutes and worked! 

Login to Me Too

NotVeryHappy1

PayPal credit is a total joke. I was approved for a crdit line, however it has not worked what so ever for four days. I have spent well over 5 hours on the phone with them. Their only answers have been, "we have refreshed your account, wait 10 mins, 24 hours..." etc. I have answered several personal questions pulled from my credit repot. Absolutely nothing. They said it has something to do with my computer, which is a load of crap because it does not work on any mobile device I have tried. I talked toa supervisor and he said he submitted a ticket, which I'm sure is a load of crap as well. However, I was able to make a purchase of 4.95 that I did not even want. I just clicked the first thing I saw. This was after already trying for a couple of days. Then, guess what? DOES NOT WORK AGAIN! Yet they say it is a security module to blame. My point is, why work for one small purchase and nothing else? My computer is to blame yet I made that purchase on my computer. Security issues? I have given ALL of my personal information several times verifying my identity. What it really boils down to is they have awful customer service and they do not know what they are doing. It is a total waste of time. I am going to wait to see if this mythical ticket fixes the issue, which knowing PayPal it will not. If it does not, I will be seeking legal counsil since it does in fact take a hit on my credit that I applied for the account, opened the account, and will now be closing the account. Get with the program PayPal, you all are losing customers that want to go through your service. Completely unnaceptable.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.