PayPal Credit option not working on ebay

Kaeldra1
New Community Member

I've been trying to purchase an item for almost a week now on ebay with paypal credit.  I wanted to use paypal credit so I could have some time to pay the $1000 for the camera I want, but though it SAYS I can use paypal credit, when I try to select it only gives me the option for billmelater and then redirects me to APPLY for a paypal credit account despite the fact that I have TWO paypal credit accounts already.  I do not have any desire to open a third line of credit.  

I've tried contacting PayPal customer service and Ebay customer service to no avail.  They seem incapable of even figuring out why I'm having this issue.  I also contacted the seller to make sure they accepted PayPal Credit and they do.  This is EXTREMELY frustrating and makes me question using paypal credit in the future.  What a pain.

Login to Me Too
88 REPLIES 88

Gazza55
New Community Member
Read this post after trying to use PayPal credit and not finding option at checkout even though I had plenty available credit. Was worried because some of you have obviously had loads of bother. I opened up desktop ebay site(traditional) and went to my ebay settings. I linked my PayPal account again(because I thought my account was already linked...but chose the option anyway) Logged into PayPal.... Searched settings....and set to PayPal credit for online stores. Kept Internet shopping at my own account options. Went back to traditional ebay site....tried a purchase (that I couldn't get PayPal credit option on previously) and got to check out and option was there for credit. It looks like it's trying to get you to open up an account (says read more).... But I clicked checkout....and payment processed. Checked my PayPal credit straight away and purchase was on it! Success!! I'm no computer expert....but managed to sort it relatively easily.... Hope this helps you guys!
Login to Me Too

sher66
Contributor
Contributor
I get to the checkout and when confirm and pay pops up it goes to a blank screen the internet is not even processing it what is going on
Login to Me Too

cherrybombed
Contributor
Contributor

I was unable to use Paypal Credit for at least 2 months, getting the error telling me to choose a different payment method because 1. either the vendor does not accept PPC 2. different currency or 3. I have a Paypal SmartConnect or Ebay Extras Mastercard linked to my account- all of which were not true, and this came up on EVERY purchase I tried to make on Ebay- it didn't make a difference which item, how much it was, on my desktop or the Ebay app... after A LOT of searching through message boards (this is one of the topics I read), Google, and emailing Paypal with still no response- I finally got Paypal Credit to pay for an item after I added and confirmed my cell phone number on my Paypal account's Profile page. That was the ridiculously 1 little thing holding up my usage. NOw, Ebay and Paypal have had this phone number for years, I've had both Ebay and Paypal apps on my phone, and I've been using Paypal credit successfully for quite some time prior to my issue. I swear I have done this confirm my phone number process in the past, but somehow it got "undone" and needed to be updated. I recommend anyone with a similar problem to double and triple check EVERY bit of info under "Profile" in your Paypal account- even if you know Paypal has your info. It might be something small like an address, email, or phone number that needs to be updated or maybe Paypal accidentally lost something along the way. I hope this helps someone. Thanks for all your posts and help!

Login to Me Too

tu4wun
New Community Member

^thought this might've been my issue, got all of those bases covered, still not able to use, Paypal credit line.  I guess the trick is to wait for the magic to happen.  

Login to Me Too

cjg33
New Community Member
Found this hope it helps Can I use PayPal Credit for eBay purchases? There are some purchases which PayPal Credit can’t be used for. In these cases, it either won’t be shown as a payment method or the payment won’t be authorised. Examples of this include using PayPal Credit to pay for purchases in a foreign currency or purchases of restricted product types. It may also be that some action is needed on your PayPal Credit account, for example if you have missed payments.
Login to Me Too

Strbuk

I have missed no payments, and I have well over $5000 in credit. I can use PayPal credit with some vendors outside of eBay but not on eBay at all. I just don't really know how to fix the situation since people say calling is useless. 

Login to Me Too

Tboss73
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Been trying for days. Option is just gone!!!
Login to Me Too

tlozherely
Contributor
Contributor
I found the issue resolved itself after I ensured a few things - (1) Registration Address matched the PayPal address and (2) I was a PayPal Verified member (see eBay account settings under PayPal Account). After I messed about with these I found it worked. I also found out that if the seller does not accept PayPal Credit promo terms then it won't work either. Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

insiston
New Community Member

Be sure your ebay order is over $99 dollars to be able to use paypal credit option. use the cart for multiple ebayers then check all orders out at the same time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.