PayPal Credit option not working on ebay

Kaeldra1
New Community Member

I've been trying to purchase an item for almost a week now on ebay with paypal credit.  I wanted to use paypal credit so I could have some time to pay the $1000 for the camera I want, but though it SAYS I can use paypal credit, when I try to select it only gives me the option for billmelater and then redirects me to APPLY for a paypal credit account despite the fact that I have TWO paypal credit accounts already.  I do not have any desire to open a third line of credit.  

I've tried contacting PayPal customer service and Ebay customer service to no avail.  They seem incapable of even figuring out why I'm having this issue.  I also contacted the seller to make sure they accepted PayPal Credit and they do.  This is EXTREMELY frustrating and makes me question using paypal credit in the future.  What a pain.

Login to Me Too
88 REPLIES 88

PayPal_Nicole

Hi Kaeldra1-

Thanks for reaching out on the Community Forum.

PayPal Credit Customer Support would be happy to assist with this. Please contact them at 866-528-3733.

Thank you,
Nicole
PayPal Credit
Login to Me Too

dpenati
New Community Member

Same here!

I've been trying to use paypal credit. Never had any problems but now the Credit Option does not work.

Customer service IS OF NO HELP.

They tried to help  but like the first Post they are incapable of even figuring out why I'm having this issue.

On their side I seem perfectly OK and should be able to use my account as before, except that I cannot.

Has anyone been able to solve this issue? 

Login to Me Too

57pegleg
New Community Member

I too have been using Bill me later for all my purchases and I too received the email from ebay about merchant not accepting bml payments.......However, paypal billed be for it...................I contacted the merchant he said he takes Paypal bml.....I contacted both ebay and paypal customer service and they were of no help. what a waste of time.

I will never use the bml/credit via paypal and I am still being billed for an order the merchant never received in the first place.

This is unbelievable

Login to Me Too

flipflopchick24
New Community Member

This just happened to me last night, I attempted to pay for my ebay purchase which listed "Paypal, visa, mastercard, discover) as payment options but when I clicked my paypal credit which is my default it said this buyer is unable to accept paypal credit... why and how do you know this when you purchase I have purchase several things before and no issue till last night

Login to Me Too

jaredsharp85
Contributor
Contributor
I have tried this to no avail. Why does PayPal credit keep doing this?
Login to Me Too

NotVeryHappy1

Why? So the customer service agents and supervisors can continue to tell us they are sorry and fail to resolve the issue? No thank you.

Login to Me Too

devildogprint
Contributor
Contributor

I called tech support and they told me to contact each seller bevcaus they had no idea what was wrong.

REALLY?

Login to Me Too

VMarlow
Contributor
Contributor
I think I know where people are having problems. When you select the payment options, you must choose the PayPal option that is listed first. The second option is for those who do not already have a PayPal Credit account. The list from top to bottom is PayPal. Select this. Log in. Choose Paypal credit. PayPal Credit. New account customers. Credit Card. Use a Credit/Debit card.
Login to Me Too

VMarlow
Contributor
Contributor
That list didn't show up the way I typed it. The first option you have is Paypal. The second option is Paypal credit. The third is credit card. Select the PayPal option that is listed first. You will log in and select credit from there. The second option is for new customers. Hope this helps. It seems to be the layout on mobile devices that cause the oversight.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.