PayPal Credit - How can I tell what I’ll be charged next statement?

SyberiaWinx
Contributor
Contributor

Each month, I’ve paid the minimum amount to avoid interest.  This last statement, however, I was surprised with a larger amount than usual, and that’s when I learned that payments are, and we should really be getting on PayPal’s Case about this, first used to pay off Promotional Purchases.  I was able to pay the amount, but just barely.  Now I’m scared what I might be charged next month, and to make matters worse, I had planned to use PayPal Credit to finish my Christmas shopping.  

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It seems like it would be a good idea to NOT use PPC for any purchases until you understand how it works and until you have sufficient financial reserves to guarantee payments on time.

Click on Legal at the bottom of the page and then PayPal Credit terms.  Review the full document carefully to make sure you understand the consequences of not paying your bill on time.  Pay special attention to section about how payments are applied.

You need to review your FULL PPC statement each month; don't rely on the summary on your PayPal Credit account online.  YOu need to review the FULL statement.

There are serious financial consequences of you don't make your full payments on time.

Login to Me Too

SyberiaWinx
Contributor
Contributor

That doesn't really answer my question, though. D :  I always read my full statement, but that does not tell me anything.  

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No way to provide answers without seeing details of your most recent full PayPal statement.

No one else can review your mailed paper statements for you.  No one can interpret payment application rules according to section 10 without knowing details of your account and purchase and payment history.

Login to Me Too

SyberiaWinx
Contributor
Contributor

That's why I'm asking how to.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Check your PayPal Credit statement.  If you can't understand it then post a copy here for the world to see.

YOu are not providing any specific details about your statement; answers depend on your details.

Login to Me Too

SyberiaWinx
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to do that for another topic, but the images were deleted for some reason.  Here's all the stuff on my last statement, which said I had to pay $202.09 to avoid interest, which I have done.  I removed the names.

• + $33.00USD
  • NOV052017
  • NOV022017
    PAYMENT - THANK YOUPaymentLoading transaction details forPAYMENT - THANK YOUPayment
  • NOV022017
    + $33.00USD
  • NOV022017
    + $39.50USD
  • PAYMENT - THANK YOUPayment
    PAYMENT - THANK YOUPaymentLoading transaction details forPAYMENT - THANK YOUPayment
  • OCT252017
    + $2.89USD
  • OCT182017
    + $11.00USD
  • Refund
Promotional purchases

PAYPALGIFTS

No payments + No interest for 6 months
Expires Apr 11, 2018

$59.37

PAYPALGIFTS

Expires Apr 11, 2018

$100.00

PAYPALGIFTS

Expires Apr 11, 2018

$68.26

PAYPALGIFTS

Expires Apr 11, 2018

$68.27

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The promotional purchases are easy; you must pay each one in full before expiration.  If you don't, you'll get stuck with accrued interest.

If the other purchase are something other than 6-month promotions it is not possible to determine anything without the details from your monthly statement--the PDF version.

You need to look the statement; it should information on each of the purchases.  There will also interest options showing on page 1 or 2; there is minimum payment warning also on page 1.

Login to Me Too

SyberiaWinx
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Do you get your PayPal Credit statement by surface mail?  Do you get printed monthly statements?

Did you download your PayPal Credit statement in PDF format?  If so, did you print it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.