PayPal Credit Account Blocked?

iconus
Contributor
Contributor

All of my PayPal Credit purchases are being denied after I tried to purchase somehting for around $1,000 which is well within my PayPal credit limit. I tried calling and emailing PayPal, they say they can't see any block and they try to put "flags" in place, whatever that means, to fix the problem. I had the last PayPal representative stay on the line with my while I tired to make a purchase after he fiddled with my account, and when it was denied he tranferred me to somone else and then they transferred me again to someone else without even telling me, after an hour I gave up and hung up the phone. The PayPal support email is a joke, I get an automated response telling me to contact them by phone, which I have already done. 

PayPal Credit informed me that PayPal and not PayPal Credit was denying the transactions.

I have more than enough money on my PayPal Credit account for the purchases I am attempting. Three different merchants now. I was told by PayPal that it may be home IP address that I have been using for the last year so I tried a purchase using my phone's celluar network and it was still denied.

Apparently, the PayPal staff cannot even see the block to remove it, so I'm guessing the block is put in place by a server somwhere and whenever it decides to remove it, it will be removed. Can anyone on here shed some light on this issue? What is going on here? I've been a business verified PayPal member for almost 10 years and this has never happend to me before. It's amazing after all the money I've given to this company over the years the level of support I get.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

iconus
Contributor
Contributor

Right now PayPal Credit and PayPal are still seperate but you can't access PayPal credit anymore directly to edit details such as email and address, my details did not match and I didn't know and that's what was causing the problem. Hopefully PayPal will fix this soon.

Login to Me Too

jjjackson251988
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem I am unable to use my PayPal credit account I have verified everything and called customer service who said because of the number of transactions the security server has blocked it to try again in 24 hours I tried and of course it still doesn't work what's the point of having credit and can't use it it's pathetic
Login to Me Too

Osinger
Contributor
Contributor

@iconus wrote:

Right now PayPal Credit and PayPal are still seperate but you can't access PayPal credit anymore directly to edit details such as email and address, my details did not match and I didn't know and that's what was causing the problem. Hopefully PayPal will fix this soon.

I think you may be on to something. I couldn't find anywhere to change this information for my PayPal credit and nobody has been able to help me with this. I wanted to verify I didn't have a number or anything wrong. If anyone finds a link, please post.

Login to Me Too

Dari0
New Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem.

Im tired to try .

it's waste of time

Login to Me Too

Andy94_G
New Community Member
Its happening to me as well same thing as you snd its stuped how tgey do that whats the Point of having credit if you can't even use it like yeah i bet if you if you were paying them money when you pay your monthly bills then you won't have a problem they wouldn't be nothing To block they would take their money to three minutes all they care about is money but when we need something to help you out when it's something to give you credit they suck this **bleep**
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal line of credit is not like your credit card or bank line of credit which is a firm commitment to make the credit line available to you.

You can only use it online to pay for goods,and it is not always available,you are better off using your other lines of credit.

Login to Me Too

Osinger
Contributor
Contributor

@sumiko wrote:

Paypal line of credit is not like your credit card or bank line of credit which is a firm commitment to make the credit line available to you.

You can only use it online to pay for goods,and it is not always available,you are better off using your other lines of credit.

Then they shoudln't falsy advertise that you can get X payment rate if approved. Get aproved and ten unable to use it on the item you were just approved for.

Login to Me Too

m_rubio0216
New Community Member
I purchased several iphones however the sellers never shipped the product and this ocurred over 8 times. Anyhow the last Iphone purchased came from a seller who still had service on the phone which to me first of all is Illegal. 2nd of all pyapal contacted the seller he said no refunds. Anyhow due to all this my accounts blocked along with my paypal credit. This is so pathetic and ridiculous. I called their cus svc number only to be told that I had to speak w someone else. I was on hold for an hour and 20 mins only to be told that even my paypal line of credit is blocked as well.
Login to Me Too

Osinger
Contributor
Contributor

I just got off the phone with Marcos at PayPal credit who was able to confirm all my information was correct and gave me something different than the other reps which I will try. He said to try using other funding sources for the moment. That is one I hadn't heard yet as I saw how easily my daughter was using it. The paypal credit line I used was: 866-528-3733 . Will give this a try and see if it changes things.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.