Pay After Delivery Not Working October 2017

chadhobbick1981
Contributor
Contributor

So what do we do if Pay After Delivery is not working at all for any purchase at all on eBay?  I know it doesn't work on all items as it's up to the seller to allow it but sellers I used it on just days ago it doesn't work.  I've tried it on multiple items and it's not an option at all via eBay.  It gives me the option to use it on DeepDiscount.com but eBay is a no go.  I've paused and restarted it and still nothing. 

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

graywolf323
Contributor
Contributor

it only seems to work for me on small purchases, I just tried on a board game web store and if I only ordered something small for around $10 (and paid shipping) it offered me PAD, but if I spent $100 to get free shipping no PAD option 😕

Login to Me Too

BLH17
Contributor
Contributor
It also worked for me too for some small purchases and for an $82.00 perfume purchase. I believe they have it set up randomly. If I see something I like, I try to buy the same item from another seller and it worked under that listing but the price was $3.00 higher. I try different listings for the same item and it seems to work but it may cost me a little more.
Login to Me Too

Grim_0
New Community Member

This has been happening to me as well. I think it was ever since they changed their policy on domestic shipments being 10 days to pay rather than 14. I was just making a purchase on Etsy and was surprised to see the PAD option back. I was finalizing a purchase and got an error that something went wrong with PayPal. I tried the purchase again and the PAD option was gone again. It's definitely PayPal. They're just not doing anything about it probably to keep more money in their stocks or something. PAD is a priviledge, but they should just take it away or further limit it's use instead of stalling on the issue.

Login to Me Too

BLH17
Contributor
Contributor
PAD is working for me now as it used to be .... It started working more right after Christmas....
Login to Me Too

Lola357
Contributor
Contributor
I've talked to tech and he specifily said, "It only works if certain criteria are met ( variables) in the system that they are then you will have it. But the techs them self don't know what they are. as it's very sensitive info that if got out would defeat the purpose of pads. So if it worked for you before. Then you met those variables at the time.
Login to Me Too

ChickenTheGod
Contributor
Contributor

@graywolf323

Lol I've had this happen to me 6 months ago—It was a price thing on CoolStuffInc, Miniatures Market or Cardhaus—I can't remember which one, but it was like a $15 difference  between working or not working...mind you I buy something from each of those quite often. The 'break it' price was in the $150 range, which was weird considering I've definitely used it for more than that in the past. 

Yeah, I've never even attempted to call paypal about it again—litterally the worst customer service/phone prompt system for a major company. They acted like their algorithm for calculating PAD was some sort of holy voodoo handed down to them from God himself—in which it niether makes mistakes, nor do they dare ever question it.  

This video pretty muchs sums up my experience with PayPal: https://youtu.be/N-Esh4W3dfI

Now I'm back trying to understand why it won't work with BCW. I was trying to order something for $80, but it's not working. I even tried to see if I get the PAD prompt for $20 and nope. Makes no sense to me. Seems available to me on other sites and EBAY right now, but for some reason not on BCW.

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

BSells
Contributor
Contributor

It's now 1/23/2018 and my PAD still isn't working. Was anyone able to get their issue resolved?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal is phasing out PAD next month

Login to Me Too

BSells
Contributor
Contributor

Oh wow, well that makes sense. It's just a bummer since PAD is the main reason I use my paypal account. 

Login to Me Too

BLH17
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, my pad started working with small amount transactions and China vendors. My PAD is also working with most vendors. I also noticed when I added another credit card to PayPal it helped to increase the amount of Sellers’s accepting PAD.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.