POS Systems

bicknee_supply
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to find out if a point of sale system will work while logged into Quickbooks and PayPal using a remote access program like LogMein.

I currently have a store located in Southeastern Ohio.  I am getting ready to open a second store in Central Ohio.  I want to use LogMein to access my company file.  I already us this so I can work in my company file from home or while on business trips etc.  I need to be sure that a point of sale system will work properly at my second location if I am using a remote access program to access the company file.

I contacted PayPal and both people I spoke to were not sure.  I contacted Quickbooks and they told me it would work IF i buy their point of sale system (something I do not want to do) which is $2,000 and processing is through them.  I would also have to have them "host" my file in their "cloud" which is an additional $600 per month as we have multiple users.  Needless to say I do not want to go that route.

I would love to be able to purchase a point of sale system through PayPal as they are currently our processor but I want to be sure a POS system will work properly if I am logging in the company file with LogMein.

Thanks so much!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What you are looking for is not hard to do but the options will cost money.  Using rsync to verify data from both locations wouldn't be hard.  You do have a POS system as your location now right?  All you want is to have data at both places synced right?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.