PAYPAL PAY AFTER DELIVERY

tracismith1
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone been able to use the Pay After Delivery option with any retailers in the US?  I have not been able to find anywhere to use it and am wondering why it is an option for payment if nobody is accepting it, thank you.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

nat55
Contributor
Contributor

Well it should say pay after delivery before you hit the button. If it doesn't you will be paying right away

Login to Me Too

ceddyced
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand the "Buy Now, Pay Later" thing? I don't know how that has anything to do with the Paypal PAD policy. They tell me it has to do with the seller's "dependency". I never see anything on Ebay about "Buy Now, Pay Later. I never have had a bad standing with Paypal and I've been a member since 2007. Could you "dumb" this down for me a bit

Login to Me Too

Buyer_Aware
Contributor
Contributor

This is amazing that no one at Paypal can answer that question for me too.  I had 2 banks connected to my paypal account with 2 debit cards as backup.  I used the PAY AFTER DELIVERY for over 30 items (28 USA items, 2 UK items)- all ordered over a 2 day period with no problems.  I decided since the first bank account was one I no longer used I went ahead and closed it out at my bank.  However, paypal would not let me remove it from my account because all 30 items would have to clear in 14 days first.  Even though the account at the bank was closed therefore making the account useless.  After the items all cleared on the second bank account I had listed, I ordered more items, using the PAY AFTER DELIVERY feature, but after 3 items it quit working and switched itself over to eCheck.  I called paypal for an answer and they said it was up to the seller-  if they approved of me using PAY AFTER DELIVERY, then I could do so.  THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!  The seller I am buying from gets paid immediately from Paypal-  PAYPAL PAYS THEM NOW AND COLLECTS FROM ME LATER IN 14 DAYS.  So what does a seller care if I choose that PAY AFTER DELIVERY option or not?  My opinion is that Paypal wants to offer customers the PAY AFTER DELIVERY feature but don't want you to use it.  Otherwise, why do so many customers complain that they used it then it disappeared from their options?

Login to Me Too

TempUser011916
Contributor
Contributor

@Buyer_Aware

Hello!

Are "ALL" of your transactions with Pay After Delivery already "COMPLETED"? if not, then please refer to the above post for the explanation regarding Pay After Delivery transactions requiring to be COMPLETED first. as per changing the payment method, once a transaction has been made, it CAN NEVER BE CHANGED. It's your responsibility to ensure that information in your Paypal account is always up to date to prevent any problems from happening.

Hope this helps! 

Login to Me Too

Buyer_Aware
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, all have completed and no I am not able to use PAY AFTER DELIVERY anymore.  EVERYTHING goes straight to eCheck even though it clearly shows in my prefrences that I want to use PAY AFTER DELIVERY for every purchase.

Login to Me Too

Buyer_Aware
Contributor
Contributor

Well, well, well...  I finally got the answer to the old question "Why Can't I Use  'Pay After Delivery'   Anymore?"  Here is the real reason:  You can only use the "Pay After Delivery" feature/option IF the seller you are buying from has their own merchant credit card service.  That is the only reason and no other reason.  That explains why some people think that option is a nilly-willy thing that shows up radomly or occasionally, etc.  So, here's what you can do from now on-  If you have chosen the "Buy Now, Pay Later" as your method of paying-  if you want to buy an item using the  "Buy Now, Pay Later"  feature,  just click on the 'buy now' button or 'pay only this seller' button, and when the paypal page shows up, look at the top left corner-  if it says pay after delivery then you can use it.  If it doesn't say that then the payment option you have with paypal-  checking account (e-check) or debit/credit card source will apply to that purchase.  You can just hit the back button once you see what will be used for payment if you change your mind.  So when paypal told me the reason I couldn't use "Buy Now, Pay Later"  on some items was because those sellers didn't agree to it, they weren't wrong technically.  So there you go, mystery solved.  Now leave me alone while I enjoy my Scooby snacks.....

Login to Me Too

thetex2000
Contributor
Contributor

paypal told me once that the seller has to have activated the feature on their end....when i email the seller to ask if they have most if not all dont even know what im talking about

Login to Me Too

maybemab
New Community Member

Has anyone been able to use pay after delivery with buy buy baby?

about a month ago i tried to use pad with a different site and it never alerted me saying that I couldn't use it and it turned into a HUGE problem with my bank (more for me than anything) and Im worried it will cause the same problem.

Login to Me Too

nat55
Contributor
Contributor

No I don't know what is going on. I haven't been able to use it for three weeks. I always had it . Now PP says that its there. But i haven't seen it. And especially on Ebay. Now i can not buy from my favorite sellers. Bad, Sad news.

Login to Me Too

lapf198135
Contributor
Contributor
It seems all these people who can actually use PAD can't answer the simplest of questions which merchants except this I don't care if you made a purchase...... Just answer this you used PAD you made a purchase FROM WHO NAME OF MERCHANT IN THIS BOX please [ ]
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.