New feature???? - Payment Declined after text authentication

tbr1129
Contributor
Contributor

Soooooo, i placed an order with a large retailer using paypal.  I use paypal a few times each month and have never had this or ny problem...  After placed the order i got a text from PayPal asking if i just placed an order and to text a 1 back. A bit annoying but fine - then it tells me i need to attempt payment again because paypal declined.  Ok still annoying but okay, looking out for me from a secuity standpoint. So i verified myself which made me login via a laptop AND authenticate via a phone call with code.  Once verifed i could resubmit the payment again.  Then paypal texted me AGAIN and declined AGAIN and made me verify AGAIN and now i am left confused if my payment and order went through.  As you can tell I am a bit annoyed so i decide to call customer service - closed. Fine, PayPal doesnt have to be 24/7 like State Farm.  So i think, i will just send an email so i search for a customer service email and dont find one. Argh.  there is only help from the community.  I am sorry and dont take this the wrong way my fellow communitymembers -  BB's have their place and i am sure you are wonderful, helpful people but really...what the crap?  Where the **bleep** am i living a commune?  I dont WANT the community to give me their opinions, tips and tricks.  I WANT a good old fashioned capitalist approach to this.  Give me a way to contact you directly - if it is only 9 to 5 THEN BUY AN ANSWERING MACHINE!!!  I see lots of them at Goodwill for cheap.  Oh, and if you get one of those things, check it and return the phone call.  An acceptable alternative is a customer service email that is EASY to find.  Believe me you dont want some other person who is ready to rant find "the community" is the only place to vent...Others may not articulate as well. thank you, i feel a bit better but still dont know if my transaction went through. Bottom line - if i use PayPal again and have to jump though all these hoops, forget it.  Easier to just use a credit card.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Since you are so unhappy with PayPal service, perhaps it would be in your best interest to use a different payment service such as a credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.