My funds are withheld

rade1992
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anyone who can explain to me why do my funds have status "withheld" ? I have my account in Bosnia and Herzegovina  for 7 years and everytime I receive money (I receive it once per month) I wait like 24 hours to 72 hours for my funds to be available while my friend who opened an account a few months ago has money available as soon as the payment is done?

I have been receiving payments occasionally through the period of last two years and my payment was available in 3 hours mostly. Terms and regulations say that all funds received in Bosnia and Herzegovina must undergo 30 days period before you can use them, which is obviously not correct (in both cases).

Now, is someone **bleep** in PayPal service, is someone an **bleep** or is someone just **bleep** enough to hold my funds? What is the problem - two accounts in the same country, one is 7 years old, the other one is few months, and the policy is not the same for both accounts from the same country? I demand a **bleep** explanation because this goes far beyond any common sense.

This is so unprofessional, rude and careless that I cannot describe. Thank you PayPal, thank you very much! on being an **bleep**! Hope you will burn one day!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rade1992

Insulting folks and using abusive language is a cool way to get help.....NOT

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It appears that your holds are risk-based.  You friend's account is not posing any risk hence they get their money instantly.  Each account have different account histories so you really can't compare yours with others' accounts.  Not everyone uses their account in the same patterns and reasons.

"Risk-Based Holds:

PayPal, in its sole discretion, may place a hold on any or all of the payments you receive when PayPal believes there may be a high level of risk associated with you, your Account, or any or all of your transactions. PayPal’s determination may be based on different factors and PayPal may rely on information it receives from third parties. If PayPal places a hold on a payment, the funds will appear as pending balance or withheld and the payment status will indicate the hold. If PayPal places a hold on any or all of the payments you receive, PayPal will provide you with notice of our actions. PayPal will release the hold on any payment after 30 Days from the date the payment was received into your Account unless PayPal has a reason to continue to hold the payment such as (a) the receipt of a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal, (b) PayPal believes that you have violated the terms of this Agreement or any other Policy and that such a violation results in the need to continue holding the funds, or (c) PayPal believes that you may be engaging in potentially fraudulent or suspicious activity and/or transactions. In such an event, PayPal may continue holding the payment in your Account until the matter is resolved pursuant to this Agreement. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may release the hold earlier under certain circumstances, for example when you upload tracking information of the item you shipped."

Has PayPal emailed you about the holds?  This is user forum based in the US.  We cannot know what is in your account or what  sort of transactions you involved yourself in to receive payment to offer insight.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rade1992
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for being rude but I'm frustrated and angry because live support keeps telling me that everything is okay with my account although I have to wait 30 days for my fuynds because of my country's terms and conditions but I obviously don't have (explained in the previous post). Now I'm trying to understand what is the reason for waiting my funds to be available when I had successful history as a buyer on Ebay and generally my PayPal account has been "clean". Nobody emailed me about anything except that I recevied a payment . I don't sell services or items on Ebay nor any similar web service but I do have associated Ebay account (only as a buyer, not seller) with this PayPal account.  

I did some freelance work and everytime I get a payment from the same person so I don't see a problem. During the last summer, I received couple of times bigger amounts of money without any problems - fund were available in 10 minutes at most.  I don't know what shoud I do so I could have my funds available right after the payment like it used to be. Live support seems like they can't do anything about it or they just don't care.

It is so frustrating to call them everytime!!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Maybe there is nothing the regular reps can do.  Speak with a supervisor.

Login to Me Too

rade1992
Contributor
Contributor

What supervisor? What could the supervisor possibly do to finalize the transaction?

Login to Me Too

rade1992
Contributor
Contributor

Still no money so please delete the subject and sorry for bad words

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Alright then.  Good luck with your account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.