Making payments - anonymously

alisonlp
Contributor
Contributor

I want to set up a payment schedule and send a student money each quarter. I do not want that person to receive my email or name. Is that possible?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No, just like a bank would not allow anonymous accounts.

To be anonymous, just mail cash without a return email address.

Login to Me Too

alisonlp
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

What exactly is the level of notification that the recipient sees? An email address and / or a bank account number

or is it a name and the numbers?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Recipients do not see your personal bank account details.  The recipient will have your PayPal email address; I assume your name will also be provided.  Recipients need to know the identity of the sender.

Login to Me Too

alisonlp
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

What exactly is the detail included in the notification thatis sent to the recipient? An email address and / or a bank account number

or is it a name and the numbers?

Login to Me Too

alisonlp
Contributor
Contributor

May I create a Paypal account using a ficticious name so that when I send a gift, the recipient will not recognize my name?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just like you cannot create a fictitious name account at a bank, you cannot with PayPal.  You get your money held for 180 days, your account accounts, and you won't be able to get your money because it was all fake.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.