I printed duplicate shipping labels and purchased shipping.

mondo1948
New Community Member

I forgot to add insurance before purchasing postage and printing a shipping label.  I repeated twice and now I have 4 charges for the same item.  How do I void the 3 extra charges in paypal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

UPS

If you create a UPS shipping label but don't use it, you can void (cancel) the label.  You have up to 24 hours after you create a UPS shipping label to void it.

Here's how to void a pending UPS shipping label.
* On the Summary or Activity page find the payment from the buyer which the label was created for.
* Click on the buyer's name.
* Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Void Label.
* Click Void Shipment.

When you click Void Shipment, PayPal notify your buyer by email that you have canceled the shipment of their item.
* If you created more than one shipping label for an item, you must follow the above steps to void all excess labels for the shipment.
* It can take up to five days for the credit to appear in your PayPal or UPS account.
* If it has been longer than 24 hours then a Void Label link will not be provided.  If the label is not used, a credit will be posted to your PayPal account within 5 days, and the "Pending" status will remain for five calendar days.

USPS

You can void a USPS shipping label any time within 48 hours of creating it.  You cannot void a label more than 48 hours after you create it.

Here's how to void a USPS shipping label.
* On the Summary or Activity page find the transaction that you created the label for.
* Click Void Label near the bottom of the page.
* Click Void Shipment.

Here’s how to void one or more labels printed from PayPal Multi-Order Shipping:
* Click Multi-Order Shipping under "Selling Tool" on the left side of the page.
* Click History near the top of the "Multi-Order Shipping" page.
* Select the date range next to search.
* Select the transaction of the label you want to void.
* Click Void.

The estimated time you can expect to receive a credit (including postage and insurance costs) on your PayPal account after you void a USPS shipping label:
* 15 calendar days on shipping labels for Priority Mail, Express Mail, First-Class Mail Parcel, Express Mail International, and Priority Mail International.
* 21 calendar days on shipping labels for Media Mail and Parcel Select.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

UPS

If you create a UPS shipping label but don't use it, you can void (cancel) the label.  You have up to 24 hours after you create a UPS shipping label to void it.

Here's how to void a pending UPS shipping label.
* On the Summary or Activity page find the payment from the buyer which the label was created for.
* Click on the buyer's name.
* Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Void Label.
* Click Void Shipment.

When you click Void Shipment, PayPal notify your buyer by email that you have canceled the shipment of their item.
* If you created more than one shipping label for an item, you must follow the above steps to void all excess labels for the shipment.
* It can take up to five days for the credit to appear in your PayPal or UPS account.
* If it has been longer than 24 hours then a Void Label link will not be provided.  If the label is not used, a credit will be posted to your PayPal account within 5 days, and the "Pending" status will remain for five calendar days.

USPS

You can void a USPS shipping label any time within 48 hours of creating it.  You cannot void a label more than 48 hours after you create it.

Here's how to void a USPS shipping label.
* On the Summary or Activity page find the transaction that you created the label for.
* Click Void Label near the bottom of the page.
* Click Void Shipment.

Here’s how to void one or more labels printed from PayPal Multi-Order Shipping:
* Click Multi-Order Shipping under "Selling Tool" on the left side of the page.
* Click History near the top of the "Multi-Order Shipping" page.
* Select the date range next to search.
* Select the transaction of the label you want to void.
* Click Void.

The estimated time you can expect to receive a credit (including postage and insurance costs) on your PayPal account after you void a USPS shipping label:
* 15 calendar days on shipping labels for Priority Mail, Express Mail, First-Class Mail Parcel, Express Mail International, and Priority Mail International.
* 21 calendar days on shipping labels for Media Mail and Parcel Select.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.