I got scammed bad

Alysia121110
Contributor
Contributor
I recently sold a iPhone 6s plus on eBay...ebay said payment received and that I need to ship the item...now that the person has received the item the payment was cancelled what do I do
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alysia121110

Was the payment showing in your paypal account balance?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Alysia121110
Contributor
Contributor
Evidently not it was in the pending payment area....havsmt sold on eBay enough to know that it wouldn't go on through both said ok to ship I was worried about getting bad feed back so stupid
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is a problem with Ebay,you must wait for Paypal to send you an email -you get cash.

or go to your Paypal account and find the payment has cleared.

Now why dont you ask Ebay what to do,since Ebay is so **bleep**ing smart to tell everyone to ship yesterday.

where is the phone now,can you intercept it?

USPS /intercept,there is fee though.

Login to Me Too

Alysia121110
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately no I can't the person has the phone...and I did contact eBay and basically they told me that I am out the money told me to contact PayPal....obviously the plan is that I got scammed out of a 400.00 phone
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Alysia121110 wrote:
Evidently not it was in the pending payment area....havsmt sold on eBay enough to know that it wouldn't go on through both said ok to ship I was worried about getting bad feed back so stupid

How can they sai it is okay to ship when the payment is pending?

why is the **bleep** payment pending?

this is a new twist,buyer is able to cancel a pending payment?

On Ebay,once you commit to buy,you cannot cancel payment?

Login to Me Too

Alysia121110
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah it is horribly unfair but guess it ruined me selling on eBay ever again people suck and are always looking for a way to rip people off....personally I think eBay should screen people more before allowing them to buy or sell or at least give us the option to not sell to people with 0 buying history with out charging their fees
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Alysia121110

Was the payment showing in your paypal account balance?

You start reading about these cases more and more these days,buyer cancel payment after receiving the goods,

in my days with Ebay,I am not aware you can cancel payment?

what source of fund did they use when making payment?and how do they cancel it,do they do it on Paypal or do they go to source of fund like a credit card/debit card issuer or their bank.

Scammers are getting more and more sophisticated in scamming,like  sending empty envelope to a business in your zipcode  and now they cancel payment?

Login to Me Too

Alysia121110
Contributor
Contributor
It is really quite sad honestly it is messing things up for everyone
Login to Me Too

Alysia121110
Contributor
Contributor
Just found out the package was shipped to a company called shipito and is probably on its way over seas going to contact them tomorrow and try to get it intercepted if at all possible
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.