How to re-activate pre-approved payment for eBay shipping

b_miller
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I cancelled a bunch of pre-approved payments to sellers - and apparently cancelled the one for eBay shipping by mistake. How can I re-activate it?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

eBay shall let you make a new billing agreement or relink to PayPal again the next time you make a eBay shipping label. You would be required to log in to PayPal to authorize the new billing agreement.  Once an agreement has been cancel through PayPal, it can't be reactivated.  A new one has to be created with eBay or the merchant.  Important to note is that the billing agreement simply let's you create and purchase eBay labels without logging in to PayPal every time you do it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

eBay shall let you make a new billing agreement or relink to PayPal again the next time you make a eBay shipping label. You would be required to log in to PayPal to authorize the new billing agreement.  Once an agreement has been cancel through PayPal, it can't be reactivated.  A new one has to be created with eBay or the merchant.  Important to note is that the billing agreement simply let's you create and purchase eBay labels without logging in to PayPal every time you do it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

b_miller
Contributor
Contributor

Got it - thanks!

Login to Me Too

userid0599
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sharpie Marker,

I just saw your response in regards to reactivating paypal agreements for ebay shipping labels. I appreciate the fact that I need to create a new agreement because the old one can't be reactivated. However, ebay doesn't seem to provide an option for doing that anywhere, and I keep getting the error message "We had problem getting PayPal payment authorization as the billing agreement was cancelled." I called Ebay and the customer service rep couldn't help. Any further details or suggestions on how to create a new shipping agreement?

Thank you,

Joshua 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.