Cant access the balance manager

dlataya412
New Community Member

my bank account is already added to the accont and I previously setup the balance manager. I can't access it now and don't know were to find It. Please advise as  I could be doing something horrible wrong.

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi dlataya412,

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you and would be happy to help!

You can view your balance manager by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Go to "Wallet".
  3. Click Classic Site at the bottom of the page.
  4. Click My money
  5. Under "PayPal balance", hover over "More", then click Balance Manager.

If you are unable to switch back to the classic version, you can use the following URL to access your balance manager: http://www.paypal.com/addfunds

-Ashley PHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

hocohiker
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyP 

I have tried these instructions and they do not work for me.  When I hover over "More", the only option I see is "Currencies".  When I follow the link you gave, it takes me to a page for creating a one-time transfer, not the automatic, balance-based transfer that I used to be able to set up with Balance Manager.  Any other suggestions, or has Balance Manager gone forever?

Tech details: I tried this on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, all on a Mac running OSX 10.10.2.

Login to Me Too

byroniac
Contributor
Contributor

The instructions worked for me. Make sure you have a linked bank account already set up. It probably will not show you the option unless you do.

Login to Me Too

hocohiker
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, this still does not work for me.  Yes, I do have a bank account (checking) linked to my PayPal account, that is what I used to do the manual transfer and it is still visible in my account.  I also tried adding a credit card (which I didn't have before) - no luck.  When I hover over "more", the only option is still "currencies".  Any other advice, PayPal or anyone?

While we're on the subject, let me second byroniac's suggestion to make Balance Manager visible on the (new) main paypal screen.  It does seem silly to have to use this awkward work-around.  Unless, of course, you plan to retire the Balance Manager function.  In that case, please be honest enough to tell us.

Login to Me Too

byroniac
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyP wrote:

Hi @dlataya412,

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you and would be happy to help!

You can view your balance manager by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Go to "Wallet".
  3. Click Classic Site at the bottom of the page.
  4. Click My money
  5. Under "PayPal balance", hover over "More", then click Balance Manager.

If you are unable to switch back to the classic version, you can use the following URL to access your balance manager: http://www.paypal.com/addfunds

-Ashley PHeart

THANK YOU! Solved a nagging problem for months. Fortunately, I don't need to make changes very often. I wish PayPal would add this feature to their new menu instead of having to use this workaround. But anyways, Kudos!

Login to Me Too

rkoz24
Contributor
Contributor

The work around are also not working for me, any permanent solutions planned?

Login to Me Too

Drangag
Contributor
Contributor

This is rediculous. How can such a large outfit not fix this problem? To make us spend all this time with hide and seek to use your service. I know the issue, you want to make it harder for us to cancel balance manager so you can keep stacking our $ in your non interest bearing account. Sad...

Login to Me Too

the_never_mind
Contributor
Contributor

Problem at Step 3:  There is no "Classic Site" link.

Larger problem: why are there so many references to Balance Manager in the Help section when we aren't able to use it without hunting down this thread (and maybe not even then)?

Login to Me Too

byroniac
Contributor
Contributor

If you can remember the URL AshleyP posted, that is all you need. http://www.paypal.com/addfunds

However, the instructions she gave work great for me. I still wish that PayPal would integrate all of the Classic Site functionality into the new site, but as far as I can remember, Balance Manager is the only thing I must use the Classic Site for that I still use. I recommend just sitting down at your computer and doing the steps she provided 5 or 10 times to help you memorize how to get there, and it will be second nature (it's what I did). Until PayPal fixes the new site functionality, I suppose this workaround is the only option.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.