Cant access the balance manager

dlataya412
New Community Member

my bank account is already added to the accont and I previously setup the balance manager. I can't access it now and don't know were to find It. Please advise as  I could be doing something horrible wrong.

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

C111
Contributor
Contributor

VERY HARD TO GET TO IS THE UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR... Does'nt PayPal management understand that just adding a link to the new page would take less time than writing back and forth and putting customers like myself in the frame of mind where theyy cannot reccommend PayPal to others.  It is sad that Upper management is so arrogant.!!  

I thank you for your link,, It is not the same as another I found yesterday  ( https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/balance-manager )..  What Paypal offers  is not intuitive wheh it come to the Paypal Balance manager...  I wonder how long this mess will go on... Its been more than a year so far..

Login to Me Too

PseudoRegister
Contributor
Contributor

I gave you kudos because this works.

That one simply cannot access the balance manager from without going to classic mode is beyond bizarre.

Login to Me Too

byroniac
Contributor
Contributor

@PseudoRegister wrote:

I gave you kudos because this works.

That one simply cannot access the balance manager from without going to classic mode is beyond bizarre.

It is bizarre. I've been hoping since last year that PayPal would integrate all of the "Classic" functionality into their new operating site. Maybe by 2016?

Login to Me Too

the_never_mind
Contributor
Contributor
Nope. Page is down now, but when it was up yesterday it was the non functional page I've been describing.
Login to Me Too

the_never_mind
Contributor
Contributor
Welp, my Balance Manager is set up. None of the links available from PayPal Help work, but when I activated my PayPal debit card at PayPal.com/activatecard I was shown a Balance Manager link that actually worked. I would share it here but it was a one off link (/cgi-bin/[really long alphanumeric string]). So, the tool apparently still exists, but you might only have one chance to set it up.
Login to Me Too

byroniac
Contributor
Contributor

@the_never_mind wrote:
Welp, my Balance Manager is set up. None of the links available from PayPal Help work, but when I activated my PayPal debit card at PayPal.com/activatecard I was shown a Balance Manager link that actually worked. I would share it here but it was a one off link (/cgi-bin/[really long alphanumeric string]). So, the tool apparently still exists, but you might only have one chance to set it up.

If the link has cgi-bin in it, it should not be shared anyway, because it is a personal link just for your browsing session. I don't know what you mean by nonfunctional page. I just followed the instructions again, and it works. I log in, go to Wallet, then go to Classic Site at the bottom, then choose the My Money on the far right, and on that page which shows me the balances, there is a More link I hover over which pops up a box with a link to the Balance Manager. I've learned this almost subconsciously I've done it so many times now.

Login to Me Too

audio51
Contributor
Contributor

The "Classic site' seems to no longer exist anywhere.  I  just spent over an hour trying to follow peoples secret methods to get to it and nothing has worked,  I did, however finally find a link to the Balance Manager that worked.  If you can get to a "Site map" link, (I found one at the bottom of the "Merchant Services" page) you can find balance Manager listed there under "Products and Services". If you click "Activate Now" and you already have a transfer set up, it will take to that where you can make changes or deactivate it.  I just changed mine from every 2 weeks to monthly.  Below that on the right is a link to simply deactivate it.    This worked for me for now...but who knows in a month from now what they will have changed.

Login to Me Too

rkoz24
Contributor
Contributor
Hallelujah; I followed audio51's instructions and finally I have found a clue to this multiple year long confusion. They added the line "*You must be either a PayPal Debit Cardholder or enrolled in the PayPal Money Market Fund to activate Balance Manager." To the balance manager page. Can those who have or have not been able to access the Balance Manager comment if this is why it works for some and not others. I do not have a PayPal debit card of MMF and now believe this is why I haven't been able to access the Balance Manager.
Login to Me Too

hocohiker
Contributor
Contributor

audio51 - thanks for locating yet-another potential backdoor to the Balance Manager.  Unfortunately, when I follow the sitemap link and click on "Activate Now", I get a "Page Not Found" page with the message "You have requested an outdated version of PayPal. This error often results from the use of bookmarks."  Either they have changed their site (yet again) after your posting or (more likely) this is not the true error, but rather I do not have permission to access the Balance Manager.  Since you *were* able to access Balance Manager, can you provide more detail?  Is yours a Merchant Account or just an individual account?  Do you have the PayPal Debit Card which seems to be indicated as a requirement?  Thanks again for your input.

rkoz24 - Yes, I entirely agree that this is likely a permission issue.  I pointed out the same phrase you mention way back on 08-08-2015.  In a second post on that same date, I pointed out that the PayPal Money Market Account ceased operation at the end of July 2011 so even this phrase is horribly out of date.  I have been waiting more than a year and a half for a PayPal employee to address this issue - it appears they no longer monitor this message board (or at least this thread).

Login to Me Too

audio51
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Hocohiker...I do have a Paypal Debit card and that could well be why it worked for me more directly.  My account is not a merchant account or business account although I have used it to accept some payments for Ebay items I have sold in the past.  I am glad my discovery at least gave others a way to get in even if some had to use a more convoluted method.  I was on the verge of simply calling Paypal, but it sort of became a challenge after a while to find it!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.