Can't solve negative PayPal balance

MimiMM
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

Few days ago I got message from Ebay buyer that he asks for the refund. It happened when I was on vacations, and when I returned, I saw that my PayPal balance is negative. I tried to add funds from my Bank account, and got this : "The amount you have entered exceeds the add or withdraw funds limit", which can not be true, because there is more than enough to cover this negative balance.

Tomorrow is the day when I'm supposed to refund the money to a buyer (he requested return, 6th day ends tomorrow) and now I'm really confused - I have the money, but I'm unable to cover negative PayPal balance, which would help me refund the buyer.

What should I do?

I would appreciate any help,

Mimi

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It seems you have a daily limit so start with a half the amount.  If that is OK try the same amount the next day.

It may take multiple transactions to get your account funded.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did he use Ebay to contact you for a return?

IF so,then it is Ebay which asked Paypal to withhold his payment from your account,thats why your Paypal account is negative.

if you have enough in your account,then it wont turn negative.

look into MY EBAY ,under selling/return,is there a case open?what is the status?

Did he upload tracking to show he has shipped the item,if so,where is it now?

You have 6 days from the day tracking shows it has been delivered to refund him on Ebay,if the case is open on Ebay. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if it were Paypal where he opens a case of return,you still have time,Paypal usuually will give you time to transfer $$

Login to Me Too

MimiMM
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

Thank you all for the responses,

These days I was trying to find the solution, but seems to me more complicated than I expected (I guess in some moments it gets complicated for European countries, depending on local Banks and their restrictions).

This is what happened : not only that I wasn't able to add funds from my Bank account to cover negative PayPal balance, but I wasn't able to SEND money to buyer for the refund, from my Bank account! I was getting some crazy amounts, like, if I pay 75$ to a buyer, Bank will take 155$ for this transaction! At the end, sending even little amount, failed.

Now, I remember that once I paid partial refund from my PayPal balance, but I had funds there, from some sold item. Seems to me I can't rely on my Bank anyhow (I will go to them and ask where the problem is), but the ONLY way for me right now is, to sell something and this way to cover negative PayPal balance and buyer's refund.

I'm lucky the buyer is nice and patient and still waits for me to find the solution.

Unfortunately, I think the problem is my Bank...

Regards,

Mimi

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.