Can i purchase things online if i dont have money in my account?

elvisracipovic
Contributor
Contributor

Can i purchase things online if i have no money or balance in my paypal account ?

I have a paypal account that is verified with my personal bank account, and i know for a fact that i have money on my bank account but not in my paypal account. Can i then purchase things online if i have no money on my paypal account?

will the money be taken from my bank account? and would it be instantly because the seller might want the money right away.
or do the seller need to wait?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes.  During checkout, log into PayPal and select your bank account as payment method. This will make your payment an eCheck so payment will need to clear your bank first before seller gets it. If you have a credit card added to up your PayPal account and paying with bank account, PayPal performs a service called Instant Transfer where they front the money to the seller first and PayPal waits for payment to clear your bank.  You might also look into using Pay After Delivery if you do not have a credit card linked.  PayPal pays the merchant first and deduct payment from your bank account 14 days later.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/pad-get-pay

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you dont have a credit card linked,then it is an e check and it could take up to 7 days,your seller may not like that.

also with echeck and PAD,if you dont have enough in your bank account,NSF will be charged by your bank

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.