split payment

astitchdiff
New Community Member

is there a way of searching transactions that were part funded by the attatched bank account aswell as paypal without goin through each one individually? ive got hundreds to search through.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Krystin1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @astitchdiff!

Welcome to the community! 🙂 Thanks for posting. That's a great question.

At this time, there is not a way to separate transactions by the payment method in PayPal Activity. However, there is an option to download PayPal history to an excel document. This will allow transactions to be filtered by the funding source. I have listed instructions below to assist with downloading PayPal history.

Here’s how to see your transaction history:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Activity near the top of the page. You can download your transaction history into a spreadsheet application.
  3. Click the Statements link located below the Log out button, and select "Account statements (PDF)" or "Activity export."

Here's how you can filter an Excel Spreadsheet:

1. Click the row with all of the subjects ("Date", "Time", "Name", etc.). Click the number to highlight entire row.
  2. Click Data at the top of Excel window.
  3. Click Filter, under "Data".
  4. There is an arrow on each row. If you click it there is a drop down with checked boxes. (If you uncheck boxes it will allow you to filter out what you do not need.)
  5. Click the box directly below the last fee/ tax/ shipping amount to get the total amount of fees.
  6. Go to the top of the spreadsheet and hold the Shift button and then click the first amount in the column.
  7. Click Formulas at the top of the Excel window.
  8. Click AutoSum. All of the columns will be added together and show the total amount in the box under the last fee amount.

Note:

• When downloading a large History Log, you may experience a delay.
  • We will email you when your file is ready to be downloaded.
  • When it is ready you can view the file by clicking Recently Downloaded Logs on the "Download History" page.
  • We save the last 3 most recently completed, large History Log files.
  • Small logs are downloaded immediately and are not saved.
  • You can download Comma Delimited files as Excel Spreadsheets and Tab Delimited files as .txt documents.

I hope this helps save some time! 🙂

Have a great day!

-Krystin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.