refund to my credit card

davoxo
New Community Member

Hi,

i bought stuff using my credit card on paypal which was then refunded because I didn't like the product. it says it was refunded to my credit card but I don't see the money in my bank account. Why is this hapening?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Prowlcorp
Contributor
Contributor

Details please. How long ago did this happen?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hi davoxo,

That's a really good question.  🙂  I imagine you've seen the refund post to your card statement by now. If not, please get in touch with us as soon as possible! You can click Contact (or Contact Us) at the bottom of any PayPal page when you're logged on to your account and send us a secure message. We'd be happy to look into the situation further.

For transactions that you complete using your PayPal account (or using the PayPal system as a Guest), when the status of a transaction (or a refund, in this case) says "Completed," that only means the money has left the PayPal system. However, your card issuer (your bank, based on your question) has their own timetable for posting debits and credits to your statement.

So, in the case of a refund, the "Completed" status identifies the date when PayPal sent the money to your credit/debit card. If the funds don't show up on your statement right away, I recommend calling your card issuer and asking them for more information.

Thanks for posting your question here in the Community! I hope this information has been helpful. Best of luck with your future online activities!

- Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.