"There's a problem with adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us."

GaiaGreen
Contributor
Contributor

So I just tried to transfer money from my bank account to my paypal account a couple of hours ago, and this is the message I receive every time I try. I never had this problem before. I have my bank account and two cards linked to my account, I have been a member for two years now, I do know I don't need any balance in order to purchase things, but that's the way I like it. I wanted to transfer $150, then I tried smaller amounts and nothing. Why is this happening?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

GaiaGreen
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried, but it said "You may not add funds at this time. It is not necessary to have funds in your PayPal balance in order to send a payment.". So I'm really clueless right now. 😕

Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I guess contacting customer service is the only option.

Login to Me Too

GaiaGreen
Contributor
Contributor

Probably that's what I'm going to do in the morning. Thanks anyways! 🙂

Login to Me Too

GaiaGreen
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so I just called them, and it seems like I exceeded the amount I can transfer to my paypal account. That's weird. 😕

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Forever?  There's no time limit to where they release you from this limit after a certain time?  Do you have a personal account or a business one?  Is there a way to lift the limit like verifying your identity?  Are you located in a country where they place a cap on transfers?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

GaiaGreen
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, now I'm even more confused about it. I have already verified my account, it even states it's a 100%! Updated my Wallet, verified bank account, verified cards, even sent in a photo of my ID and bills, proof of address etc last year. I live in the US too. So I shouldn't even have limits at all. Also, my balance is not in negative either. Everything seems fine. The other thing I noticed on my profile is that under my profile picture usually there is PayPal balance: $0.00 as the balance (until I add some money, which occasionally I do; but not much. This time I wanted to add $150), and now it disappeared. It only shows "No balance needed to shop or send money" and right under that "Add money" and "Transfer to your bank". I have a personal account.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Hmmm, maybe you need to upgrade to premier/business account.  You may need to call them back and ask why you are limited on  uploading funds to your PayPal balance.  It is very weird indeed since you've already been vetted and located in the US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

GaiaGreen
Contributor
Contributor

I was also told about PayPal Cash as an option, but I never used it before, maybe I can give it a try.
And what happens if I upgrade to a business account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.