"Send money to friends and family" not available. Restrictions?

PancakeTower
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

First, the new interface is horrible. As with every modern interface it's plain, big and looks like crap. The "Old account view" is a very welcome option but it's only available for the summary it seems.

Now to the problem. Where is the "Send money to friends and family" option? I have only "Pay for goods and services". I'm pretty sure I had it in the old interface (I never used it before though). It's suppoused to look something like this:

I have 3 circles only. As far as I know my country doesn't have a restriction on that. The page below isn't very helpful either. No distinction between commercial and personal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=%5fdisplay%2dcountry%2dfunctionality%2doutside&dispatch...

For my country (Argentina) it says:

Receive:

Receive funds quickly from anyone with an email address in the 203 countries and regions that accept PayPal.

So, what's the deal? Can I send or recieve personal payments? Is there a more detailed list of the exact operations each country can make?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

LIkely Argentina has restrictions that prevent money from being transferred out of the country.  This not unusual for some countries.

You could check with your government's banking  and international finance rules.

Login to Me Too

PancakeTower
Contributor
Contributor

I think there's a limit of 1000 USD per transaction in my country, but that aside I can make payments normally with a CC. I've done them lots of times without problems till know. Well, it's not a problem, it's a Paypal limitation it seems. What differs between a personal and a payment for goods? It's the same money charged to my CC by Paypal.

Also, doesn't Paypal go by Singapur laws? It doesn't operate locally here. Why they should prevent this kind of payment? At most I guess the bank in my country should deny the charge to my CC (assuming the bank can tell the type of payment).

It would be nice to have a help page detailing the limitations per country.

The same goes with recieving. The money stays as Paypal balance, what does my CC ever has to do with it? Can't you recieve even without a CC associated to your account?

Thanks for your answer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.