i am NOT an ebay seller but my money is on hold.

kittykill0001
Contributor
Contributor

i have an IMMEDIATE and URGENT concern regarding my recent remittance. i am a freelancer and i receive my payments via paypal as we find it more convenient than western union. i haven't had any issues with paypal since september until a few minutes ago, just as our gm paid me my paycheck, i got a notice that i cannot withdraw my money and it is on hold for 21 days until i verify myself as a legit seller. 

i've read around issues concerning the same but it only addressed ebay sellers and nothing similar to mine. here are some facts:

• i don't have an ebay store
  • i don't have my debit card on file only my savings account
  • i have never bought anything on ebay yet

this is HORRIBLY INCONVENIENT because MORTGAGE, UTILITY BILLS, CAR, and CHRISTMAS is due soon and WITHIN 21 DAYS (on FRIDAY TO BE EXACT). I DON'T HAVE MY PAY just because the stupid system thinks i have an ebay account. i only receive pay every 15th and 30th of the month if i have to satisfy the 5 transaction requirement as well as "good feedback" then good luck to me!!!

it takes 4 business days to remit my paypal money to bank account and this unexpected delay is UNACCEPTABLE.

how do i unfreeze my account in less than 21 days???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kittykill0001

I would double check how she sent it first.

Then if she made a mistake then if SHE phones paypal customer services she should be able to authorise them to release your payment immediately.

If not then YOU can phone them and tell them to release the funds back to her so she can send again with the friends / family option.

Best to phone them and if you do then when you get through DO NOT select any options just hang on till you get an agent OR just say the word AGENT.

Not sure if the phone is a freephone number in your country so be careful of the charges.

You could use this option BUT its best to phone >>

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kittykill0001

Firstly you don't have to be an ebay seller to have the new seller hold, any new seller using paypal also has to comply.

BUT if paypal are seeing you as a seller then its down to who SENT the payment.

If they sent your wages via >>

1. Send money > goods / services then paypal would see you as a new seller and you would have the hold applied.

If they sent your wages via >>

2. Send money > family / friends then you would receive the funds instantly.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kittykill0001
Contributor
Contributor

can i have my employer refund the money and send the payment as a relative instead? or if not possible, refund it fully then i'll just have her send it to me via western union?

THIS SUCKS.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kittykill0001

I would double check how she sent it first.

Then if she made a mistake then if SHE phones paypal customer services she should be able to authorise them to release your payment immediately.

If not then YOU can phone them and tell them to release the funds back to her so she can send again with the friends / family option.

Best to phone them and if you do then when you get through DO NOT select any options just hang on till you get an agent OR just say the word AGENT.

Not sure if the phone is a freephone number in your country so be careful of the charges.

You could use this option BUT its best to phone >>

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kittykill0001
Contributor
Contributor

ok. thanks for the advise, i relayed this link to my boss. she is new to this. i should have ok'ed with western union.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kittykill0001

Yes western union or moneygram are good, as i know to my cost when i had to send funds all over the world when my travelling son ran out of money on a far too regular basis.  Smiley Wink

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kittykill0001
Contributor
Contributor

i just checked with my boss and she told me that paypal tagged me as a premium account. i am not a premium account holder since i am using my paypal for personal stuff. if this is a new system mechanism they're putting on, then it sucks. i am receiving high paychecks per month and if they're doing this for remittance holding purposes, then i'll advise my employer to just use western union. UUURRRRGGGGHHH.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kittykill0001

Would not matter if you had a business account, if she had sent it via family / friends you still would have had it instantly.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.