Why is my balance pending?

Rclark3197
New Community Member
I did two services and on both transactions it say that it's completed but it's in my pending balance and won't let me withdrawal, taxes and fees were a lose taken out but I'm fine with that. I've been waiting for it to be available for about a week now and it's still pending, is there anyway to hurry up the process?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MMONew365
Contributor
Contributor

Nope.

You must wait, that's all 😛

Login to Me Too

yeniloro
Contributor
Contributor
Ive been subjected to the same. I got a call from someone at PayPal who was helpful explaining that although I was a member since 2004, my selling account had been inactive for more than a month and that meant that incoming funds would be listed as pending until receipt of and satisfaction with these items was done on EBay website by the buyers. None of the time lines she stated or that are printed up on the 'Q &As' pages are accurate. 3 days after being marked as dispatched are long past and buyers have left satisfactory feedback, and still no available money. Whats more alarmingly, the eBay site and Paypal are not showing payments received, when the buyers are telling me they have paid and payment is waiting to be claimed. What's that about? I don't like this new way of operating at all. Its no use to small traders with small cashflow. I'll find another way of selling that doesn't involve Paypal.
Login to Me Too

Cerinth
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem...

My friend sent me some money for some funds he loaned earlier, but since I barely use paypal, maybe once every 2 months or so.. The sum was kept on hold...

He tells me, the funds were sent on his end (via paypal account transfer) and the transaction completed, but I got no message from paypal stating the arrival of funds for 2/3 days now,

The funds don't show up in my account balance/overview either, nor at pending list/recent activity.

This is really frustrating considering you're dealing with funds transfer online...and no response from the platform where the funds are to be sent.

Please help!

Best regards,

Login to Me Too

yeniloro
Contributor
Contributor
I think your situation is even worse than mine, because they try to make it as if a large part of this payment pending thing is in order to protect buyers from devious traders, and that's clearly not you. I think it doubtful that this practice is legal, and probably to go to the banking Ombudsmen is the next step. At the very least it has to be bad practice. I'm going to check that out tomorrow. Go for it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.